Ch47 - First of July.

10AM, Imperial City International Airport.

The flight information at the Arrival Hall of the airport refreshed again and when the long-awaited flight number appeared, a glint flashed past Wang Lu's eyes. Simultaneously, his whole heart lifted.

He's here.... He's finally here!

In a few minutes, KK will be getting off his plane to meet him. Today was the first of July, and it was the day that was agreed upon between KK and the company to come to Beijing.

Wang Lu stood up from he was sitting at the airport and grabbed the pick-up card that he had prepared in advance. Squeezing through the crowd, he stood at the front most row and hoisted the card with two ostentatious lines.

KKKK look over here, please don't pretend not to care or pay attention

Although the sentence was rather shameful to display in the crowd, as long as it could accomplish its intended effect of picking him up, Wang Lu could not be bothered to care more at that present moment. Compared to his face, his heart was more occupied with watching the people that were streaming out of the exit.

One of these people who were walking in front of him was KK, but which one was it?

Wang Lu felt like his heart was being tugged every time a traveler approached him. Or perhaps it was a knife that was hovering close to his heart, and with a flash of cold light, it could want his old life.

As the agent that brought KK up, the grievances that Wang Lu had, but were not privy to outsiders, were not few. And the most important one, up until now, was that he did not know how KK actually looked like.

Ever since he met KK, all the interactions between Wang Lu and KK were held over the internet. Although he had proposed numerous times to host a video call with Kk, KK had always rejected the suggestion, insisting to stick with the communication medium of texting even for work. 

Once was fine, but after being rejected several times, how could Wang Lu possibly misconstrue KK's intentions? Not only did he not want to reveal his face, he chose not to turn on his camera for live broadcasts as well. From the early stages, Wang Lu already had a few guesses in his heart.

There was a high probability that KK's appearance was not satisfactory.

But Wang Lu could not be faulted for thinking that. In the arena of game anchors today, having a little bit of talent and skill were considered as bonus points, whereas the attractiveness index of an anchor was the true weapon of destruction. As long as the game anchor's face scored six points and above, they would have diehard fans gathering around to wait for the anchor to open their camera every day.

However, KK was a misnomer; no matter how many times the company suggested it, he refused to reveal his face. If it was not because it would incur a dog-blood easter egg of someone appearing when he should have been killed, then there was a ninety-nine percent chance that their attractiveness index was not high enough.

Contemplating to this point, Wang Lu sighed deeply.

Since KK had not shown much enthusiasm towards the live broadcast with the star celebrity Bai Yao, and tacking on the fact that KK had sounded dispirited and listless when he contacted him last night, Wang Lu had yet to divulge to KK the recent development that worried him:

An unforeseen event had befallen the matter of his live broadcast with Bai Yao.

The entire cast of MengMao TV anchors all knew that the live broadcasting with Bai Yao was equivalent to setting foot on the prosperous main road. When such a large cake was being placed in front of their eyes, everyone would want a taste. Originally, relying on the explosion of his popularity, KK should have claimed the cake. The most parlous part of it all was that there was no official announcement made about the live broadcast. And with the lack of an official stamp, the details were still susceptible to change.