2.20

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"It's-It's a phoenix" Celeste breathed, these majestic creatures were something Celeste could only dream to see. It's fiery body lit the room and misted it with glittering gold. 

Then Celeste realized the Phoenix dropped the raggidy hat which she recognized as the Sorting HAt, it looked battened and worse-for-wear and she internally cringed at this.

The Phoenix flapped it's golden wings before going over to the Potters and rested on Harry's shoulder, Celeste lifted her finger to slightly stroke it and the phoenix nuzzled into her hand.

"Fawkes?" Harry asks and the bird squeezed his shoulder before looking at Riddle intently

"That-s the old school sorting hat" Tom says looking at the beatened hat that now laid motionless on the ground.

Tom's laugh echoed through the chamber as Fawkes' music died down. He looked back at Harry.

"Is this what the Great Dumbledore brought you?" He asks with a sinister smile, one that Celeste shivered at "An old hat and a songbird? Do you feel brave now? Do you feel safe now?"

"To business Harry, I'll get to Celeste soon" Tom glanced over to her and she shrank in her position for a bit before turning to Fawkes to try and keep her mind away from the memory of Adhara being blasted with the killing charm.

"Twice- in my past- and my future- you have defeated me" Tom starts "And I have failed to kill you- tell me how did you survive? The longer you talk"

"The longer you stay alive" Tom added softly.

Celeste looked back down at Ginny and back at the Physco and realized that his outlines were getting more real by the second- if they kept this up. Ginny will be dead sooner or later.

"I don't know" Harry says "Nobody knows why you lost your power after you attacked me, but my mother died to save me- my common muggle born mother didn't let you kill me."

"And I've seen the real you" Harry added, fuming and Celeste held his hand tightly to help him not blow up on the spot "You're weak- you're a wreck. That's where all your power got you-"

"Ah- that explains it. A mere sacrasife- what a powerful thing" Tom cut him off and Celeste stiffened "You see Harry, you and I are more similar than you would think. Both half-bloods, orphans, raised by muggles. Probably the only two parseltongues that ever came to Hogwarts since th Great Salazar Slytherin himself- companion with a girl that would never leave your side"

Tom glanced at Celeste and Harry placed his hand and pushed her behind him.

"but after all, it was merely a lucky chance that saved you from me. That's all I wanted to know" Tom says as his face contorted into a twisted smile. Celeste expected him to take out Harry's wand but he just stood there

"Now, Harry. Let's show you a little lesson. Let's match the powers of Lord Voldemort; the heir of Salazar Slytherin to Harry Potter with his little companion and the greates weapons Dumbledore can give him." Tom says before glancing at the hat and Fawkes before making his way in between the high pillars and in front of Slytherin's face.

Tom started hissing and Celeste looked at Harry who seemed to understand what he was saying.

The mouth of the stone face started to twist and open, the hole increasingly getting bigger and Celeste felt her palms get sweaty; she knew what was coming. She heard the slithering sound of a beast and Harry did as well as he stepped back until he hit the Chamber Walls; Celeste looked at Ginny before glancing back at Tom who had the biggest smirk anyone could ever muster.