3.2

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"I've still got 10 galleons left" Hermione says happily as she checked her purse "It's my birthday on September and Mom and Dad gave me extra galleons to get myself a present"

"How about a nice book?" Ron mocked but Hermione just sighs

"Well- I don't think so. I really want an owl. Harry's got Hedwig, Celeste's got Yuri, You got Errol-"

"I don't have Errol" Ron says "He's a family owl. All I've got is Scabbers" He pulled out the rat from his pocket and Celeste cringed.

"I need to get him checked on" Ron adds "Egypt did not do him good"

"Why do you carry him around like that?" Celeste asks "It's like carrying a middle-aged man in your pocket"

"Hey!- Don't say that about Scabbers!" Ron snapped back at Celeste sho shrugged before raising her eyebrows at the thinner rat.

"There's a magical creatures shop over there" Harry says "You could see if they've got anything for Scabbers, Hermione can find a pet and Celes- oh she's gone"

The other three kids looked over and saw that Celeste had already ran to the magical creatures shop.

"Mental, that one" Ron mumbled before they decided to follow her as well.

The 'Magical Menagerie' was not so big, there were cages lined up by the walls and had a foul smell coming from them. Celeste was standing by the cages as the other three came in the shop.

"Ronniekins!" Celeste called "Look at this baby Niffler!" 

"Why do you keep using that name?" Ron groaned but Celeste just ignored him and poked her finger through the cage as it quickly went over to sniff it.

"Hello" She whispered as the niffler looked at her with a tilted head.

"Here" Celeste mumbled taking out an extra knut she had in her pocket and slid in between the cages to the niffler who looked at it in excitement then stuffed it in it's pocket.

She grinned before crouching over to the next cage where there was a white ferret laying there comfortably.

"So cute" Celeste mumbled and the ferret looked over at Celeste and skidded towards her. It took Celeste's fingers before doing small tricks as Celeste just cooed over and praised the small thing.

"Celeste- come on" Ron says and she looked up

"We're next in line" He continued and Celeste waved a small goodbye to the ferret and got up and next to Ron.

"What did happen to Scabbers?" Celeste asks and Ron shrugged "He looked like he hadn't eaten in days"

"Maybe something in Egypt disrupted his diet or something" Ron mumbled before the double-ended newt was off the counter. They went to them and the witch looked at the two expectantly

"My rat" Ron says "He's been a bit off-color since I brought him to Egypt"

"Bang him on the counter" The witch says and brought out a big pair of thick black glasses

Ron placed Scabbers on the counter from his pocket and all the other rats in the cage swarmed near the bars to see him. Compared to the good-as-new rats in the cage, Scabbers looked like he had just been dumped in the trash.

"How old is the rat?" The witch asks and Celeste stifled a laugh

"Quite old" Ron says and Celeste nods. "He used to belong to my brother"