3.22

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Celeste had come back to the common room, she saw Ron and Harry goggling at the broom and she smiled softly.

"Got yerself a girlfriend have you?" Celeste asks with a playful smirk as they looked up at her.

"You're sounding like Malfoy now" Harry groans and Celeste scoffs

"That's insulting!"

The portrait hole opened and McGonagall walked into the common room, surprising the three- she usually never comes here unless its for some important announcement.

"So that's it then?" She asks looking at the Firebolt "Ms. Granger has informed me about the broom you recieved, Potter. And the necklace?"

"Yeah" Celeste mumbles before looking at the necklace "I already told Uncle Remus about it"

Hermione was read, holding a book up to her face- which was upside down and Celeste giggled softly.

"May I take a look at it?" Professor McGonagall asks, before taking the broom and looking at it. "And no note, nothing? No card?"

"No.."

"How about you Celeste?" McGonagall asks the girl before eyeing her neck.

"Nothing, Professor" Celeste says.

"Well- I'll be taking this away for now Potter. And as seen as Ms.Potter hasn't gotten curse- or has died yet" McGonagall eyes the girl "I'll let the necklace go"

"What- why?" Harry asks

"It will need to be checked for jinxes- I am not expert at it of course" McGonagall hummed "But I will have Madam Hooch and Professor Flitwick strip it down-"

"Strip it down?" Both Ron and Celeste repeated

"It shouldn't take more than a few weeks" McGonagall says "You will have it back once we are sure it's jinx free"

"But professor- there's nothing wrong with it" Harry stammered

"Well you wouldn't know yet until you have flown it. We shall check if it had been tampered with or not" McGonagall says firmly "I shall keep you informed.

"Why'd you go off running to McGonagall?" Ron asks Hermione hotly after the older witch left the common room

"Because-" Hermione threw the book away revealing her redface "And McGonagall agreed with me- that it was probably sent by Sirius Black!"

The following days of the holidays were extremely awkward. Ron and Harry were furious at Hermione- even if she meant good. Celeste was the only one who talked to her- Ron kept pestering her not to but she wouldn't just stop talking to her friend because she was worrited for their other's friends lives.

Celeste spent the rest of the holidays with Remus. The two going on a walk by the outskirts of the castle as Celeste took care of the creatures before Remus scared it away.

"You have to stop acting like a giant bear!" Celeste whines after the fox she was petting ran away from Remus as he stomped through the area.

"Well- it isn't my fault! They don't even like me!" Remus scoffs and Celeste furrowed her eyebrows.

"Now, I'm going to have lessons with Harry- hey!"

Celeste threw a snowball at Remus' back as the latter turned to the girl with accusing eyes.

"Oh- why'd you do that?" He asks and Celeste looked to the side.

"I have no idea what you're talking about" Celeste sighs "Maybe you have gone a bit crazy- the Hinkypunks must've gotten you already- ouch!"