Chapter one: The Winter

Jonathan ran over getting inside letting Darrel shut the door as the dead closed in the small opening Jon had, Darrel moved away letting Charlie move a large shelf, an empty box and papers fell from where they were on the shelf, left by the people pre-apocalypse, Darrel brought up his walkie talkie ''We're safe.'' he stated looking at those with him, Jonathan went over to a door and tried it but saw it was locked and stepped back looking up seeing a small window above the door slightly open ''Evin, can you fit through there?'' Evin looked over to him before walking over, Jon turned leaning his back on the door ''If something's fight.'' Jon stated moving down a bit holding his hands together in front of him, Evin smiled grabbing his shoulder's stepping up on Jon's hand reaching up to pull the window forward, Evin nodded to Jon letting him know to lift him up a bit. Evin used his upper body strength to pull himself up and shimmed his way threw the window. He spun around before dropping down and shinned the light around landing in a couched position, he shinned the light around seeing a pool table in the room and shinned it around more ''Please, take your time Evin.'' he turned and went to the door hearing Charlie.

Evin unlocked the door and opened it ''Ta-da.'' he stated and moved to the side letting them enter the room *Where are you guys?* Roy asked responding through the walkie talkie while Evin shut the door behind Dean as he entered ''Uh, a staff room?'' Darrel stated looking around, Jon went to the pool table and lightly pushed on of the pool balls, letting it roll creating a thick line where dust once was ''Evin was right about the horde in the back of this place, ran into where they keep all the staff stuff and blocked the door with a shelf.'' Darrel informed and went over to a door, Charlie moved over and stopped him ''It'll go back to where the horde is.'' he warned knowing their surrounding's and turned looking back seeing a small window near the roof seeing the sun shinning off the snow causing it to look white outside ''There.'' Darrel turned along with Jonathan seeing the window, Jonathan glanced to Dean before looking back to the window then to Evin who went over to it stepping on the couch sinking into the cushions of the couch, he leaned on the wall bringing his leg up stepping on the back of the couch bringing his other leg up and went on his tippy toes looking out holding the ledge and looked outside getting slightly blinded by the sun and snow.

He looked around on the road seeing there were two large green garbage bins, he turned lowering on his toes ''Tell them to walk around the store till they see two large green garbage bins.'' Evin stated and turned going back up on his tip toes while Jonathan walked over looking up to him while Darrel told Roy, Evin lowered down and turned looking to Jon ''How's Alex's cold?'' he asked, Jon smiled ''A lot better, he hates the medicine though.'' Evin thought about the medicine he needed then looked back out the window waiting to see Roy and the others ''I hope you know I don't trust the one's that were with Davis.'' Evin muttered knowing Jon would hear him, Jonathan cleaned the blade of his machette before holstering it ''Yeah, I know.'' he stated and looked back up to him. Dean walked over and looked to the window ''Guess it's good we came out here early.'' the brothers looked to Dean ''Yeah.'' Evin stated and looked back outside, Jon looked to him ''How many military soldiers were in the city?'' Dean looked to him ''A lot, maybe three spuadrons.'' Jon's eye's widened a bit looking at him.

Dean smiled ''Davis talks about his old missions, before everything happened.'' Dean explained saying why he knew the right words, Dean was new on their team, came with Davis when the group went to Pittsburgh, Evin and those who went brought back loads of supplies, back when it was still November, now it was time to go out every week, once or twice ''Anything interesting or just old man blabber about old days?'' Jon asked geniuenly curious, Dean smiled ''I mean, the old days weren't that long ago.'' he stated looking to Jonathan still smiling ''Their interesting, but mostly old man blabber.'' Jon smiled knowing it, Evin reached a bit unlocking the windown before pushing it forward while Roy moved his gun behind him walking over to climb onto the large garbage bin and got up holding the window open while Evin brought his leg's up holding the edge as he moved out and onto the garbage bin beofre slidding down and landed in the snow, his boot's keeping his feet warm as he moved throught the snow reaching Lewis, Tony and Steve standing with the two people in the group, Emily and Liam.

''Getting worried something happened.'' Emily stated seeing Jonathan jump out next ''Nope, we're to stubborn.'' Evin stated humouring them before looking over to Jon rubbing his hands together before taking his bag off and crouched down, digging through his bag finding his thin gloves, thinking it was better then nothing. Jonathan got over to them zipping up his winter coat and looked back seeing Dean was next to leave through the window seeing he was thinner then he looked in the coat he wore ''Well, when you guy's went in we found more stores off to the side of the parking lot, gonna look there before heading back to camp.'' Lewis informed looking at the two while Dean headed over to them. Liam was looking around holding his gun, Evin got up putting the bag on his back and turned the light off looking around squinting at the bright snow ''We should split into smaller groups, cover more ground.'' Evin stated while Jon watched Charlie climb out leaving Darrel to be the last out of the large store.