Chapter 26: Justice, for Books' Sake

(Wanwen Bookhouse)

Paimon: Wanwen Bookhouse... Guess this is where we go to buy books in Liyue.

Fu Hua: Correct. I've read some of the books here.

Paimon: Should we ask here if they have a copy of the Teyvat Travel Guide? It's super-duper interesting!

We went up to the boss of the place, Jifang then Fu Hua got in front of us.

Jifang: Oh, Miss Fu Hua. I'm glad you came by again. Feel free to look around, there's no obligation to buy.

Fu Hua: There is one specific book my friends and I are looking for.

Jifang: And which one might that be?

Paimon: We're looking for the Liyue volume of the Teyvat Travel Guide. Do you have it in stock?

Jifang: Sorry dear, we stopped stocking that a very long time ago. It just wasn't selling.

Paimon: Huh!? But the Mondstadt volume was so interesting! Bummer...

Jifang: The thing is, the author made it too personal, and the result wasn't really much of a guide. It barely sold any copies, and the few travelers that did but it made complaints afterward.

Fu Hua: Wow, that's unfortunate.

Aether: Too much passion, not enough clarity?

Fu Hua: Guess so.

Paimon: Well, that's a shame. The Mondstadt volume was a good read, even just as an adventurer's diary.

Jifang: The fact remains that I don't have it in stock. If you must read it, try your luck at Chang the Ninth's place.

Paimon: Who's Chang the Ninth?

A book collector who lives in Qingce Village. He's a complete grouch — but he will behave himself if the conversation is about books. He was a regular customer here back when he lived in Liyue Harbor, and I still send him the odd out-of-print book or two every now and then.

???: Did somebody say "out-of-print books"?

A blue haired boy came into the picture.

???: Is there a chance that volume six of "Legend of the Shattered Halberd" is also in his collection?

Aether: Who are you?

This boy was Xingqiu.

Xingqiu: Apologies my liege, where are my manners? My name is Xingqiu, a humble literature enthusiast who happened to be passing by.

He noticed Fu Hua.

Xingqiu: Oh, Fu Hua. Nice meeting you here.

Fu Hua: What a coincidence.

Patrick: You know him?

Fu Hua: Why yes I do.

Captain: We met him a while back.

Flashback scenes started playing.

Fu Hua: While exploring Liyue, we saw him fighting odd monsters by himself then we came in and helped him. Then we became good friends.

Then the flashback scenes ended.

Xingqiu: Since you guys and I are all in search of lost books, what say we travel together to Mt. Qingce and pay a visit to Chang the Ninth?

Aether: Makes sense. Please lead the way.

Fu Hua: We'll come with you.

Xingqiu: My pleasure, fellow book lovers!