Chapter 75: Three Realms Offering

(Sakura's Serenetea Pot)

Everyone was waking up then getting dressed then go get breakfast. Today was the day they go back to Enkanomiya for the Three Realms Gateway Offering event. Everyone met outside after having breakfast.

Paimon: Apparently, they held the Watatsumi Goryou Matsuri in Sangonomiya recently. Paimon bets Kokomi was the host.

Sakura: Good for Kokomi.

Paimon: Let's go pay her a visit.

Sakura: That's what I was thinking about doing too. Let's go to Watatsumi Island and go see her.

(Watatsumi Island)

The Valkyries, the ELFs, Higokumaru, Tamamo, Patrick, Aether, and Paimon go to Sangonomiya Shrine where they find Kokomi.

Ueno: ...This is the correspondence from Stingray III. Your Excellency, the situation looks extremely serious.

Sangonomiya Kokomi: Thank you, Ueno. Inform Swordfish I to stand by. I'll see to the wounded shortly.

Ueno: Yes, Ma'am.

Sakura: Kokomi!

Paimon: Hey, Kokomi! How've you been?

Sangonomiya Kokomi: Ah, Captains of Swordfish II. Sakura. Glad to have you back on Watatsumi Island. I would have liked to have given you a grand reception, but as you can see...

Paimon: What's going on?

Sakura: What's wrong, Kokomi?

Sangonomiya Kokomi: Not long ago, I hosted the Watatsumi Goryou Matsuri. It's the most important ceremony on Watatsumi Island. I'm guessing you'll have heard about it from Tsuyuko—

Paimon: What? How did you know we were the ones helping out Tsuyuko this whole time?

Sakura: I'd be more surprised if she didn't know...

Aether: How could you not tell, Paimon?

Sangonomiya Kokomi: Ahem. Tsuyuko is one of the more conscientious shrine maidens of Sangonomiya. I knew that handing off the planning of the ceremony to her would play to her strengths. Based on her description of the people who took the commission, it was quite obviously you.

Mei: Yes... it was us. Along with a lot more people we know from afar.

Paimon: This is all starting to sound pretty suspicious...

Aether: It's a bit late for that now, Paimon.

Sangonomiya Kokomi: Anyway. I'm sure Tsuyuko will have told you that the Watatsumi Goryou Matsuri is a ceremony to reverse the Holy Soil phenomenon on Watatsumi Island.

Sakura: Yes she has.

Sangonomiya Kokomi: It's a bleaching process that slowly turns the earth to "Holy Soil," leaving the land infertile and devastating agricultural production. Granted, crops aren't our staple food on Watatsumi Island, but I can't allow external forces to drastically alter the people's diet — and we certainly shouldn't be overly reliant on imports...

Paimon: Paimon doesn't quite follow...

Sangonomiya Kokomi: Imagine all you had to eat from now on was radishes, no more fish or meat. Clearer now?

Aether: (Opposite day. There's something Paimon can follow.)

Paimon: That would be terrible!

Sangonomiya Kokomi: The issue began with the Watatsumi Goryou Matsuri. I did not miss a single step during the ritual and there's no question that the Bloodbranch Coral you retrieved was infused with the Omikami's power...