Chaoter 83: Sumeru City

(Sumeru City)

After walking a long distance, the group finally made it to Sumeru City.

Paimon: Sumeru City! Ah, we finally made it!

Mei: Can't wait to see inside.

Asuka: I want to do some sightseeing right now!

Homura: Later. We have more important things to do.

Neptune: Another city unlocked.

Paimon: Oh, did you see that? When those people entered the city, something on their heads lit up!

Kiana: I noticed that too.

Panah: One moment please. It appears this is your first time visiting Sumeru City.

Neptune: Yes it is.

Paimon: Oh! Yeah, that's right, but how did you know that?

Panah: Because there's currently no information on either of you in the Akasha.

Blanc: No information on us in Akasha?

Panah: But no need to worry, that won't prevent you from entering the city. In fact, the Akademiya conveniently provides each traveler to Sumeru City with a device.

Yumi: A device?

Panah: Perhaps you have heard of the Akasha before. It's our beloved Greater Lord Rukkhadevata's lasting legacy, a treasure trove of collected knowledge. After centuries of tireless research on the Akasha, the Akademiya created one of its most ingenious inventions, the Akasha Terminal.

Miyabi: Akasha Terminal?

Panah: As long as you are within Sumeru's borders, you may use an Akasha Terminal to connect directly to the Akasha and access any knowledge you need. I should mention that due to technical limitations, the operation of Akasha Terminals will be much smoother and more effective in large cities such as Sumeru City and Port Ormos.

Paimon: Oh, so this is the thing that Tighnari was telling us about. It sounds pretty amazing!

Blanc: And useful too. I could access knowledge any time I want.

Bronya: Like accessing a computer.

Kiana: At least if I access the knowledge, I won't feel stupid.

Panah: You are quite fortunate. Until recently, it was standard practice to only issue Akasha Terminals to outlanders who spent an extended amount of time in Sumeru. However, this policy was recently changed, and now all travelers are issued one upon arrival. Here are your Akasha Terminals. Please handle them with care.

Everyone received their Akasha Terminals.

Paimon: Hehe, it kinda looks like a leaf.

Neptune: It does.

Panah: To activate it, simply hold it in your hand and say the following phrase to yourself: "May the Mighty God bless us with their voice of wisdom."

Paimon: Oh, since this little doodad lets you access knowledge, maybe we can use it to find a way to meet Lesser Lord Kusanali. Let's give it a try!

Paimon: Ahem!

Everyone: May the Mighty God bless us with their voice of wisdom...

The symbols appeared by their left ears and their sights changed.

Paimon: Whoa! Just now, something clicked and Paimon suddenly knew how to use this thing! It seems all we need to do is concentrate on what we wanna know... and BAM! You get it! Ohh, that'll come in real handy!