Chapter 30: Boss Childe

(Golden House)

We entered into the Golden House where it was full of Mora and at the Exuvia was the body of Morax/Rex Lapis.

Paimon: Wow... This is the Golden House?

Fu Hua: It sure is.

Paimon: It looked impressive enough from the outside... But who would've guessed that it was even fancier on the inside... and so full of Mora!!!

Patrick in mind: Kind of makes me want to dive into the Mora like Scrooge Mcduck.

Patrick: Makes me want to dive into the Mora like a rich duck.

Paimon: This is where all of Teyvat's Mora is minted, right? In that case, maybe they won't notice if a few Mora go missing...

Aether: If it were that easy, this place would have been emptied long ago.

Paimon: Ooh, so it's a trap. Tricky, tricky... Good thing Paimon's got you here! But even if we can't take any, we can still have a closer look, right? Or better yet, take a nap on top of a mountain of Mora! It's like a dream come true!

Aether: We'd better check on the Exuvia first.

Patrick: Something feels amiss here.

Paimon: Oh, right! Back to business. It's quiet... Too quiet. Surely someone's gotta be guarding something as important as the Exuvia. Huh!? Guys, look! What happened here?

Inside the Golden House were unconscious Millelith Guards.

Aether: The Millelith... They've been knocked unconscious!

Fu Hua: Who could have done this?

Paimon: Uh-oh, Paimon smells trouble! Quick! We have to go make sure that the Exuvia is alright.

Patrick: Right. We better make sure that Morax's Gnosis is still inside the body.

We hurry up to the Exuvia and it was still alright.

Fu Hua: It's still alright.

Patrick: We better get the Gnosis before the Fatui do. We can't let what happened in Mondstadt happen again.

Paimon: Oh! Paimon remembers that! What you said. The Fatui will try to still Rex Lapis' Gnosis too. We can't let that happen.

Fu Hua: We better take it to a place safe from the Tsaritsa where she can never find it.

Paimon: But to where?

Fu Hua: We'll figure it out after we get the Gnosis.

???: You've already fulfilled your task as guides, so why do you still linger here? Haven't you already seen enough trouble for today?

We heard a familiar voice.

Paimon: Huh? Who's there?

Then he appeared before us.

Childe. But his other name is Tartaglia. We got into defensive positions.

Childe: If you were Fatui, I imagine that you would be entitled to a generous reward from the Tsaritsa herself. But now, you're nothing but dross — and you're in my way.

Aether: How did you find out it was here?

Kiana: It's not possible!

Childe: Hmm, where should I start? Well, I've never been one to beat around the bush, you know. But who could have possibly guessed that the God of Geo would mysteriously perish the very moment I arrived in Liyue, and that the Exuvia would subsequently be hidden away?