Chapter 53: Carassius Auratus

The three foxes and Aether and Paimon were strolling along the coast of Byakko Plain. Till they saw three children jumping up and down.

Tamamo: Huh? Now what are those children doing?

Paimon: Why don't we go find out.

The group walks over to the children for answers then the children noticed them. But what got them surprised was Tamamo.

Matsuzaku: Look! A kitsune!

Saika: There's three of them!

Iwao: Let's go!

The three children first went up to Tamamo No Mae.

Saika: Look at the tail. It's real.

Matsuzaka: And so are the ears.

Iwao: Kitsunes are real.

Tamamo: My my. Children are sure energetic. Yes, I am a kitsune. I did have nine tails before but not anymore.

Iwao: Really?

Tamamo: Yes.

Tamamo gives the three children head pats.

Paimon: You seem to be good with children, Tamamo.

Tamamo: I am. I do strive to be a good wife and a wise mother.

Sakura and Higokumaru: Yeah...

Tamamo: Anyways, would you mind telling us on why you three are out here?

Matsuzaka: We're looking for the Great Mujina Youkai!

Saika: Do you know where it lives?

Paimon: "Great Mujina Youkai"? What's that?

Matsuzaka: Huh? You've never heard of it?

Tamamo: Can't say that we have.

Matsuzaka: It's a sneaky monster that goes 'round playing tricks on people! It's got magic powers and can even shapeshift into anything it wants!

Sakura: (Sounds like Sayu. That does fit her description).

Iwao: One time, the Great Mujina Youkai stole some rice from our house. And this other time, it pushed my dad into the river.

Paimon: Sounds like a very naughty little monster!

Higokumaru: And a mischievous little creature causing too many pranks!

Aether: Why are you out looking for it?

Saika: 'Cause, we've finally found out how to chase it away!

Iwao: My dad said that the Great Mujina Youkai likes to play tricks on people who stay out all the time and don't come home when they're supposed to. So all we need to do is chase it away, then we can come out and play whenever we want!

Paimon: This monster sounds scary, though... Aren't you guys afraid?

Tamamo: You know how bad certain Youkai and Demons are. Except the kitsunes. They were misunderstood.

Paimon: Surely your parents must be worried about you?

Sakura: You should be going home to them.

Iwao: Not really. I told my dad that I was going to find the Great Mujina Youkai with some friends, and he didn't even say anything.

Matsuzaka: So, we think it must be weak right now! It's probably hiding away so it can rest!

Saika: Yeah! So as long as we get home before it gets its strength back, we'll be safe.