Chapter 7: Wind Gliding License

(Giant Statue)

Another day had gone by and now we were at the giant statue.

Amber: Hey, travelers! I've been looking for you everywhere! How's those Wind Gliders I gave you last time?

Aether: Pretty good.

Patrick: Haven't really been using them lately.

Amber: Seems like they're really growing on you!

Kiana: Yeah they have.

Amber: But then again, you don't have a gliding license, do you?

Everyone: A gliding license?

Paimon: Hmm... What's that?

Amber: Isn't it obvious? You gotta have a gliding license to legally glide in Mondstadt.

Paimon: Oh... but Paimon and the gang have been gliding for ages now. This is the first we've heard about it!

Amber: Yeah, you've been gliding all over the place... Everyone's noticed!

Paimon: Eh-he.

Kiana: Well then why didn't you tell us before?! We could've been arrested!

Amber: Oh I don't know! After all that's happened, I didn't even have the time to tell you!

Paimon: Sooo... You came looking for us because you wanna give us gliding licenses?

Amber: No way! The Knights of Favonius have strict rules. You need to pass an exam, and only then will the Knights issue your license. Today I'm here as an examiner, to oversee your official gliding exams! I gave you your wind glider, so this is my responsibility — at least, that's what Acting Grand Master Jean would say.

Paimon and Kiana: An exam! What a pain. Then again, since Amber is the examiner...

Mei: Sorry about Kiana, she's no good when it comes to taking exams on paper and always needs our help to study with her.

Kiana got a tick mark on her and shouted back.

Kiana: I do not!

Aether: It's fine. We can do this.

Amber: I'm sure you'll all glide through it! I mean... The whole city saw how well you flew the day that Stormterror attacked, so I'm sure that you'll have no problems!

Patrick: technically the girls and I didn't actually use our Wind Gliders. I shot myself up into the sky shooting fire from my fists and feet.

Bronya: And the Bronya summoned Project Bunny to carry us up.

Amber: But we do need to respect the rules and glide properly.

Amber handed us something.

Amber: Here. Take this gliding manual. No need to memorize it, just be familiar with everything in there. For example: only one person per wind glider, no carrying anything over the set weight limit, no taking off using Anemo Slime, and so on and so forth. Anyway, be sure to read it, okay? I had to read a load of big, thick books too when Lisa was teaching me magic...

Kiana: That relates to me when I had to read a load of big, thick books also when my instructor Himeko was teaching me how to fight against monsters.

Paimon: Wow, that's a big old book... Paimon thinks we best get started!

Amber: Great. Come find me when you're done, I'll be at Windrise.

Paimon: *sigh* The Knights of Favonius gliding manual does NOT sound like a fun read...