Chapter 63: Imperatrix Umbrosa

It has already been a few days since we ended the war and abolished the Vision Hunt Decree. We decided to visit the Statue of the Omnipresent God where we saw Thoma talking with two men.

Kiana: Now what's Thoma talking about?

Paimon: Let's go find out.

Thoma: If the Tenryou Commission won't assist in dealing with the thunderstorm, the consequences could be catastrophic.

Kujou Kamaji: It's not that we're unwilling to do our part. We just don't have any spare hands right now. I hope you can understand.

Ippei: Exactly. So let's keep the discussion going, and see if we can find a solution.

Paimon: Hey, Thoma! What's going on?

Thoma: Ah, hello you guys. We were just talking about what an impact you've made in Inazuma.

Aether: What a coincidence.

Sakura: We did make an impact for Inazuma. A good impact to be precise.

Kujou Kamaji: Greetings. Thank you all again for delivering Miss Hiiragi's letter that time.

Ippei: Ah, so they're friends of yours. I'm Master Kamaji's servant. Call me Ippei!

Aether: Sounds like you're having some trouble?

Thoma: Well, the Tri-Commission's work used to consist of gathering information for the Shogun and carrying out any duties she assigned. But recently, she announced that she wishes to spend some time in solitude and self-reflection. Since she is refusing to receive any visitors, there is no one to tell us what to do.

Mei: Why is that?

Thoma: We don't know. We all understand if the Shogun needs some quiet time to gather her thoughts. The only problem is, in the meantime, the thunderstorm out at sea has been getting wilder.

Aether: We hear that storm represents the Shogun's will.

Thoma: Yup, that's the one, and in all the time it's been there, the storm has never changed in shape or size. But now, it seems to be drawing closer to Inazuma.

Paimon: What!? So her will's changed and she wants to destroy Inazuma now? Or is this her way of trying to get revenge on us?

Aether: That would be a little childish.

Paimon: Oh, yeah, you're right. If she really wanted to get revenge on us, she could just strike us with lightning right here... ...Which would also be pretty scary!

Kiana: Are you really scared of her?

Paimon: Nuh-uh, she lost to us. Paimon's not scared, why would Paimon be scared! Paimon's just, y'know, a little... concerned that she might be angry. Yeah, that's all, just a little concerned.

Kiana: No different.

Paimon: Yes different!

Thoma: Haha, I don't think you need worry about that. The reason we're concerned is that we've never known the Almighty Shogun's will to falter before.

Kujou Kamaji: Considering Liyue's god left not too long ago, it's hard not to take it as a bad sign. A lot of people now believe that the thunderstorm is getting wilder because the Almighty Shogun is having health problems. The fact that she won't see anyone right now makes us concerned that things are only going to get worse.

Aether: That seems like a valid concern.

Mei: There must be a reason for the change in the storm.

Thoma: Right. So, before rumors start spreading, Miss Kamisato got me to come here and discuss countermeasures with the Tenryou Commission. We need to make sure we're prepared to deal with the chaos if and when it arrives.