Chapter 45: Aphros Delos

(No point of view)

The Honorary Knights were called on over to Jean's office in the Knights of Favonius Headquarters. They consisted of Aether, Paimon, Kiana, Kallen, Selune's Elgy, and Theresa. They entered into Jean's office. 

Jean: ...Thank you for coming on such a short notice, Honorary Knights. I know you must be busy.

Kiana: Not really. Well most of us are. Mei went off to go do something with Sakura, Patrick went off to go do something with Toriyama, Rita is doing something with Noelle, Durandal is out training while looking for super strong monsters to fight against, and Seele is with Bronya.

Jean: Well, to make a long story short, there is a particular matter at hand that the Knights requires your assistance with.

Aether: The Knights are as busy as ever.

Jean: *sigh* Yes, it has been one thing after another recently. Neither myself nor any of the Mondstadt garrison are able to catch a moment of peace. I have recently received multiple reports from the Knights of someone within the Lawerence Clan having close dealings with the Fatui.

Kiana and Paimon: The Fatui! Again!?

Paimon: But who are the Lawrence Clan?

Jean: There was a dark period in Mondstadt's history when the aristocracy ruled over the city. The hard-won freedom that followed with the fall of Decarabian was lost once again, as slavery spread throughout the land. The first Dandelion Knight, Vennessa, spearheaded the revolution that overthrew the old aristocratic system and established the Knights of Favonius, leading Mondstadt to become the city that you see today. The aristocrats, that had oppressed the people of Mondstadt, were none other than the Lawrence Clan.

Paimon: Oh, Paimon gets it. So the clan's descendants are now scheming with the bad guys to carry out more dubious deeds?

Jean: ...We suspect as much, though we have yet to obtain any solid evidence. The reason I summoned you here today is to ask you to help us further investigate this matter.

Kiana: Looks like we'll have another shot at proving that the Fatui are criminals in Mondstadt.

Aether: But, why us?

Jean: *sigh* Unfortunately, the Knights of Favonius and the aristocracy have been at odds with one another for as long as I can remember. We have already considered every possible way of resolving our differences, but it seems the descendants of the aristocracy remain antagonistic towards the Knights... ...No matter what stance we take when dealing with them, the outcome is always the same... Our efforts only result in adding more fuel to the flames.

Kallen: How unfortunate.

Jean: We could come knocking on their door on the grounds of a search warrant, but if the investigation were to come out empty, I'm afraid the tensions and distrust would only increase.

Theresa: They can cover up their tracks and destroy all evidence

Jean: All of our past efforts would have been wasted...

Aether: But as Honorary Knights, we technically also belong to the Knights...

Theresa: The same thing could happen to us too.

Jean: You are in fact the best candidates to represent the Knights of Favonius. But you need not emphasize your role as the Honorary Knights. You are travelers from a distant land, and you can approach the aristocrats in this way. Once you come to friendly terms with the Lawrence Clan, you should be in a good position to learn more of their possible connections with the Fatui.