Chapter 6: Kaeya's Troubles

(Morning)

After having breakfast, the Valkyries and I with Paimon and Aether went to the Knights of Favonius Headquarters. We didn't tell Aether or Paimon why. We were gonna go see Kaeya to do his story quest. As soon as we stepped in, we saw Kaeya talking to himself then went on over to him.

Kaeya: This is bad... Such a hassle... What am I going to do...

Aether: What's wrong, Kaeya?

Kaeya: Oh, thank the Thousand Winds! Travelers, your arrival must be the grace of the gods! If I may ask — envoy sent by the Anemo God to save this mere mortal — could you spare a moment?

Paimon: Ewwww, cut it out!

Patrick: Actually yes we can.

Aether: Tell us what happened.

Kaeya: I cannot let my peers hear about this! I cannot seek help from anyone else but you guys. Please, let us move to somewhere more fit for such conversations... Let's talk in the courtyard just outside the headquarters. Come with me.

Paimon: What's with the sneakiness...

Kiana: He doesn't want anyone knowing about something about him. That's why.

We followed Kaeya outside to the courtyard.

Kaeya: This place will do.

Paimon: Tell us what it's about already!

Mei: Patients Paimon.

Kaeya: How should I begin... Oh, right, let me tell you a secret first. It's a secret of my past, and I confide in you guys to keep it.

Paimon: Don't worry, my lips are sealed.

Kiana: Mine too.

Kaeya: As a matter of fact, my grandfather was a pirate!

Paimon: Oh.

Kaeya: ...Wait, why do you sound so blithe? Do you think I'm making it up?

Patrick: No we don't think that you're making it up.

Kaeya: Look at my eye patch! I inherited it from my grandfather and this is solid proof that we are related by blood!

Aether: How surprising.

Kaeya: Yesterday I was glancing through the notes my grandfather left and stumbled upon records that spoke of a treasure...

Paimon: ...Treasure!?

Kaeya: According to his notes, the treasure is buried in the "Lost Arcadian Ruins."

Paimon: Treasure...

Kaeya: But the location of the ruins is currently unknown. I've tried searching for clues...

Paimon: Treasure! Kaeya! What kind of treasure is it? Gold? Or better yet, gems!?

Kaeya: Hmph! Treasures that consist of nothing but gold and gems are third-rate treasures... My grandfather's treasure is a sword! A magic sword that grants the weirder unrivaled power!

Paimon: Oh wowwwww!

Kaeya: The sword was dropped from Celestia into the sea by a god. It was later salvaged by my grandfather's crew by pure coincidence. The moment he gripped the sword, thunder roared, billows howled, and the clear skies were suddenly swallowed by raging winds... With the might sword, my grandfather went on to defeat a hydra, a silver-haired banshee, a wicked abyss-dragon... But the immense power of the sword enticed many more greedy pirates. To avoid meaningless conflicts, my grandfather hid the magic sword.