Chapter 14: Stormterror's Lair

The next day we were back at Dawn Winery.

Diluc: The Abyss Order... Enemies of the human race. Even the underground networks rarely come across any information on them. With that said, it was a bit of a hassle, but I managed to dig up a few clues.

Venti: Really? That quickly? You really are well connected, Master Diluc.

Paimon: Come to think of it, Mr. Big Anemo God Barbatos — why exactly did you need the help of mere humans...?

Venti: Ahh... How do I put it... "The Seven" as people now know them, were once known as "The Seven Archons." Each archon presides over their own part of Teyvat. That is the role the archons play. Only in performing this duty we can attain power, but I don't like the idea of "ruling" Mondstadt — and I don't feel Mondstadt would really like it either.

Jean: "Go forth and establish a city of freedom without rule." We have not forgotten Barbatos' wish for Mondstadt.

Paimon: Jean... You're such a devotee! Maybe someone got a little too free and is just too lazy to care...

Venti: Ahh... However it may have come to be... I haven't been back to Mondstadt for an extended period of time. Without a doubt, I am now the weakest archon among The Seven!

Aether: And yet you sound almost proud...

Venti: Aww, you flatter me.

Diluc: Oh, such a humble god... Is it a blessing or a curse? But we digress. Let's get back on the topic at hand: the common enemy of all mankind. We have tracked the Abyss Mage to the vicinity of the winery.

Jean: I cannot stress enough how important it is to not let it escape.

Aether: Let's hunt it down!

Patrick and Valkyries: Yeah!

At the vicinity of the winery we killed the hilichurls and the Abyss Mage.

Venti: Huh? What's this... After the Abyss Mage was defeated, a certain energy dispersed from its body... It seems that energy was being used to cut off the connection between me and Dvalin. ... Do you know of Stormterror's Lair?

Aether: I think I've heard people talking about it in Mondstadt.

Patrick: Toriyama and I went to it last night and saw Dvalin fly to it.

Venti: Of course. I believe the people of Mondstadt all know of it. After Dvalin woke up, the ancient ruins as his lair. As it was with the storms that previously cut Mondstadt off from the outside world, the entrance to the ruins is also sealed by a special barrier. But now, as the energy dispersed from the Abyss Mage, I was able to read the rhythmic flow of how the barrier's magic was woven. I must admit, it sounds even more horrendous than a chorus of hilichurls, but... ...It should be enough to let us break through the storm barrier and reach Stormterror's Lair.

Diluc: Which means we're going to confront Dvalin? I'm fine with that... Jean is the one who wishes to avoid any direct confrontation.

Jean: No. When there are no other options left, it is my responsibility to alter our course of action. If slaying him is our only chance that leads the charge.

Venti: Fortunately, we have yet to go that far.

Diluc: Hmm?

Jean: By that, you mean...

Venti: I mean that the Holy Lyre is not our trump card. Our real trump card? The traveler and The St. Freya Knights and Valkyries of course.

Paimon: The traveler and The St. Freya Knights and Valkyries?