Chapter 42: Lantern Rite

(Liyue Harbor)

We were walking around Liyue Harbor without Aether and Paimon since they were at Wangshu Inn.

Patrick: So Fu Hua, now might be the time as to why we're here and why Liyue Harbor is decorated.

Fu Hua: Oh, it's because of the Lantern Rite.

Patrick: Lantern Rite?

Fu Hua: It's a festival to commemorate the heroes from the past. After dark, the people release Xiao and Mingxiao Lanterns into the night sky. "May the flames of wisdom spread to all, and never be extinguished." This is the meaning of the lanterns. The people of Liyue believe they act as the beacons in the night, guiding bygone heroes back to their homeland. It's like the lantern festivals back in China and in the other countries back in our home world.

Kongming: The Lantern Rite is the reason why I'm here. Since it's a lantern festival I wanted to experience it myself like how I used to experience lantern festivals back in my home world.

Sakura: I know I've experienced lantern festivals back in Japan and at St. Freya with the other Valkyries.

Book of Fuxi: I remember the good times Fu Hua and I had with the lantern festivals back in China.

Patrick: At my family's summer cottage I've seen sky lanterns lit up and sent up into the sky and a few landed on the property.

Fu Hua: You should go get the others in Mondstadt and bring them here before Liyue Harbor gets crowded.

Patrick: I'll go do that right away.

I ran off instantly leaving a smoking contrail then out in the distance they saw me riding on Toriyama to Mondstadt.

Jingwai's Wings: What should we do now?

Fu Hua: Follow me.

(No point of view)

They followed Fu Hua over to the docks.

Fu Hua: You see that? That's dedicated to the adeptus, Skybracer. He died while protecting Liyue during the Archon war. The stone is floating. They are going to make a Mingxiao Lantern looking exactly like Skybracer. If you want to know more or ask for help, we go ask Wang'ya.

Kongming: I think we should.

As they went to go see Wang'ya, they encountered Aether and Paimon on the way to see her too. So they went together to go see Wang'ya.

Wang'ya: Hi, can I help you? Huh, from the look of you people, you don't hail from Liyue... Are you traveling through? Welcome to the Xiao Market.

Fu Hua: Yes we are traveling.

Aether: We've got a few things we'd like to ask...

Paimon: We want to know where the tastiest food in the whole wide Xiao Market is!

Kongming: Yes, exactly that!

Wang'ya: Hmm... the tastiest? Hard to say, I guess that depends on your personal preference. Still, what I can tell you is that everyone's talking about Yi'nian's stall.

Fu Hua: Kiana is never picky when it comes to food. She would eat just about any food at stalls.

Wang'ya: If it gets any busier over there, I'm going to have to bring the Millelith to keep things orderly. Hey, you'd best get over there quick before the streets get too crowded with people.

Fu Hua: We'll go do that right away.

Higokumaru: I can't wait!

Sakura: Be patient.