Chapter 52: Grus Nivis

Sakura, Higokumaru, and Tamamo were now in Inazuma City thinking about what to do. That's when Ayaka comes to them unexpectedly.

Kamisato Ayaka: Sakura, Higokumaru, Tamamo. Hold it.

Sakura: Huh? Ayaka?

Tamamo: What's the matter?

Kamisato Ayaka: Something has come up, and I would like to request your assistance. And the traveler's assistance too. Where is he?

Higokumaru: The last time we saw him and Paimon was outside of Komore Teahouse.

Kamisato Ayaka: I need them for something. I'll explain later.

(Outside of Komore Teahouse)

Aether and Paimon were thinking what to do.

Paimon: Hmm, where do we go from here...? What's the plan?

And that's when the group shows up.

Kamisato Ayaka: Traveler, Paimon. Hold on.

Paimon: Huh? Ayaka?

Aether: What's the matter?

Kamisato Ayaka: Something has come up, and I would like to request your assistance.

Higokumaru: She needs our help for something.

Kamisato Ayaka: But you ought not be nervous. This is not coming from the Yashiro Commission or the Kamisato Clan. It is my own individual request.

Paimon: Individual request? You mean... personal stuff?

Kamisato Ayaka: Correct. It concerns my mother.

Tamamo: Your mother? What's she worried about?

Kamisato Ayaka: This may seem a little sudden... but in my view, you are the only people I can entrust this to.

Sakura: We'll help you Ayaka. As your friends we can. We're the only ones available. The others in our party are busy with their own things.

Aether: Can you give me any more details?

Kamisato Ayaka: A few days ago, I was sorting through some old family belongings when I found a notebook that belonged to my mother.

Higokumaru: A notebook?

Tamamo: Belonging to your mother?

Sakura: What exactly was in her notebook?

Kamisato Ayaka: She wrote about all kinds of things, mostly of little consequence. But what drew my attention was a name — it is one that I have never heard before, so the fact that she mentions it so frequently... it makes it difficult for me to ignore...

Paimon: Probably your mom's best buddy, right?

Aether: You'd really never heard the name before? Not once?

Kamisato Ayaka: Never. And although my mother and father passed away many years ago, both my brother and I are familiar with the vast majority of their acquaintances. So... I am very curious about this mysterious individual. I would very much like to meet them.

Sakura: What exactly is the name you'be never heard of before?

Kamisato Ayaka: According to the notebook, their name is "Tsubaki." This seems to have been someone very important to my mother. Someone with a lot of personality, who liked to have fun.

Paimon: Hmm... Paimon thinks it sounds like a girl's name.

Higokumaru: I think so too.

Kamisato Ayaka: That's what I thought too.