Chapter 62: Wishes

(Narukami Shrine)

(Patrick's point of view)

We were called to Narukami Shrine. Yae Miko was waiting to see us at the fox tree.

Yae Miko: Why hello... if it isn't the triumphant Travelers. And why might you be visiting the Shrine? A sign of piety, perhaps?

Paimon: You literally told us to come meet you here!

Higokumaru: Yeah! You said that you wanted to meet us!

Yae Miko: Haha... I was just joking. I've been waiting for you.

Paimon: Seems like someone's in a pretty good mood.

Yae Miko: Mm-hmm. Catching up with an old friend I hadn't seen in years was truly delightful. By the way... I heard that you had a duel before the throne, with a Fatui Harbinger no less. Courageous and astute — I must say, I am most impressed.

Mei: It was a spur-of-the-moment thing.

Aether: I don't know what came over me.

Patrick: We had no choice.

Yae Miko: Defeating Signora head-on in a duel means that your strength exceeds my expectations.

Patrick: We finally feel satisfied now that Signora is dead.

Yae Miko: Still, you did end up victorious. I gather congratulations are in order.

Paimon: Ah, it sure feels good to finally thwart a Fatui plan for once.

Kiana: Yeah, we showed them who's boss! We kicked their butts once again!

Patrick: And we proved to Inazuma that they're criminals.

Paimon: They caused plenty of trouble along the way, but at the very least, they didn't get their hands on another Gnosis!

Kiana: Yeah! We killed Signora and she finally failed to steal another Archon's Gnosis. And with her gone, we won't have to worry about her stealing another Gnosis again!

Yae Miko: Wait a second... did you say "Gnosis"?

Kiana: Uhh...

Yae Miko: As in, the little thing that looks something like a chess piece?

Kiana: Oh, yes!

Paimon: Yep, that's the one! You've seen one, too? Gnoses belong to The Seven — they're what keep them connected to Celestia!

Kiana: And the Tsaritsa is stealing them but we've stopped her from stealing the Raiden Shogun's Gnosis! We took it out of her body then replaced it with a fake Gnosis and we foiled Signora's plan!

Yae Miko: Oh...

Paimon: What's wrong?

Yae Miko: I handed that over.

Aether: Hmm?

What she said made us turn pale white with shock and disbelief. All except for the ones that came to Inazuma first before us.

St. Freya Knights and Valkyries: WHAT?!

Mei: What are you taking about?!

Paimon: ...You did what now?

Yae Miko: Well... how else was I supposed to save your skin from The Balladeer, exactly?

Kiana: No. You didn't! There had to be another way!

Yae Miko: There was no other way. It was either handing it over to him or dying.

Aether: ... The Gnosis is long gone, then.