Chapter 69: Taurus Iracundus

Today Aether, Paimon, and Mei were at the Adventurer's Guild for a task from Katheryne.

Paimon: Hi Katheryne, it's us! Was there something we could help with?

Katheryne: Yes, I'm afraid that I have another task that requires your assistance. The Adventurers' Guild has recently received a commission directly from the Tenryou Commission. The assignment is both urgent and dangerous.

Mei: Why is that?

Katheryne: After assessing the assignment, the Guild has concluded that seasoned adventurers are required. Naturally, you came to mind.

Paimon: Hee-hee, just another day on the job for us.

Aether: Dangerous, you say?

Mei: Why can't the Tenryou Commission resolve it on their own?

Katheryne: Allow me to explain. The Tenryou Commission recently issued an arrest warrant for a young oni by the name of Arataki Itto.

Mei: Oni?

Paimon: An oni? You mean those big tough-looking guys with horns on their heads?

Katheryne: That's correct. This particular oni is quite vocal and audacious, so he already has quite the reputation on the streets. That said, he has never been caught up in major trouble of any kind. So it came as a surprise to learn that he has recently been accused of stealing things and sometime even whisking away the people themselves...

Mei: (Just like in Japanese Mythology back in our world. Spiriting people away and whisking people away.)

Katheryne: But it doesn't end there. When the Tenryou Commission dispatched a doushin to apprehend him, he assaulted the doushin before making a getaway with his accomplices.

Aether: Sounds like a real ruffian.

Paimon: So let Paimon guess, it's up to us to bring this oni in!

Mei: It looks like it.

Paimon: No problemo, this does sound like a job for the Traveler. He'll be back with that oni in no time!

Mei: Don't forget me. I'll also bring the oni in.

Katheryne: I have complete confidence you will succeed. However, please exercise caution. This oni also happens to hold a Vision and is the leader of an organization known as the Arataki Gang.

Aether: I'm not too experienced with gang fights...

Paimon: Hmm, you're right... We have no idea what we'll be up against. Better to play it safe.

Katheryne: We are still investigating Arataki Itto's potential motives behind these incidents as well as his current whereabouts. But please ask around in the streets as well. There will likely be others more familiar with Itto's circumstances than I am, who can provide you with useful information.

Aether: Okay. We'll go ask around.

Katheryne: Thank you. I will await your return. Ad astra abyssosque!

Paimon: Well, let's start asking around on the streets! Hopefully, we'll learn a little more about this Arataki Itto guy and figure out where he might have run off to.

Mei: Sakura might know something.

Katheryne: The Guild does not routinely have dealings with the Tenryou Commission, but since they have commissioned us on this occasion, we must lend them our full support as we would any of our clients. Thank you once again. I will await your return.

First they went to go to talk to Ogura Mio.

Mei: What do you know about Arataki Itto?

Ogura Mio: Arataki Itto? Oh, yeah, I heard about that whole thing. I'm sure it must have been a mix-up on the Tenryou Commission's end. He could never do anything so dastardly.