Chapter 32: Zhongli's true identity

Paimon: Paimon doesn't get it... But, isn't the strongest lead we have the adepti-less Rite of Parting that we're organizing? No idea where Zhongli's gone. Let's ask for him at Wangsheng Funeral Parlor.

We asked the Ferrylady once we arrived at Wangsheng Funeral Parlor

Ferrylady: Is there anything I can do for you? I'm afraid that Wangsheng Funeral Parlor isn't in the best state to receive guests.

Paimon: We've come to see Zhongli. Could you please tell him we're here?

Ferrylady: Unfortunately, Zhongli isn't here at the moment.

Fu Hua: Then where did he go then?

Ferrylady: It seems he went to Northland Bank.

Paimon: Doesn't the Northland Bank belong to the Fatui?

Fu Hua: Yes it does. It should be swarmed by Millelith soldiers by now.

Paimon: Last time we saw Zhongli was before we went to the Golden House... Do you think he doesn't know about the attack on Liyue? Visiting the Fatui at a time like this could only mean more trouble!

Theresa: Exactly right!

Paimon: We had better go and make sure that everything is okay.

We rushed on over to Northland Bank.

Ferrylady: Come to think of it, I wonder what business Mr. Zhongli has at the Northland Bank? He didn't tell me, either...

(Northland Bank)

We arrived at Northland bank and it was not surrounded by Millelith. So we rushed inside.

Inside were Zhongli, Childe, and... La Signora.

Childe: You call this "cooperation between Harbingers"? Cooperation involves communication, you know...

Childe seemed to be arguing with Signora.

Signora: Hehe, don't take it to heart, Childe. Besides, weren't you happy that you got to skip the formalities and bring chaos to the land? I'm sure you must've enjoyed that...

Patrick and Valkyries: FREEZE! STOP RIGHT THERE!

We rushed in just in time.

Signora: ...Oh, it seems that some of your friends have arrived.

Paimon: Hey, it's Zhongli and Childe! And... you! You're also one of the Harbingers...

Everyone: Signora!

Signora: Haha, it's you people. I believe we've met once before... In the City of Bards, was it? I'm glad you still remember my name. And I see you've found more of your friends. The ones that have been causing the Fatui trouble in Liyue. The Sage, the Captain, the fox, and the thief. And their little things too.

Patrick: It's over Fatui. We've proven to Liyue that you're all criminals.

Kiana: Yeah! You've lost again!

Signora: You've already given me enough trouble. You think you've won but you haven't. I still remember something of you losing to me. What was it again? Ah, right. I imagine that it must have been rather hard to forget watching helplessly as something precious was snatched away from your friend. And I stabbed you all for stabbing me.

Aether and I felt insulted then I trapped Signora in Geo pillars so she can't get out. Then I kept it up as she was trying to break out.

Aether: We still have time to take it back.

Paimon: No, don't let her get to you, Aether... And you too Patrick. Don't let her get to you... You've yet to gather the powers of all seven elements, and our last battle at the Golden House was almost more than you could handle... And even with your secret weapon, you can't fight against Signora. So it might be best to keep things peaceful this time, seeing that two of the Harbingers are here.