Chapter 35: Mondstadt's Strongest Fighter and True Treasure

Being back in Mondstadt was great. Bronya was being Lisa's personal assistant again with helping Lisa at the Library. The Captain was also helping them at the library since he was attracted to her. Kallen liked patrolling Mondstadt at night as Rogue Extraordinare. When ever she saw Abyss Mages, she got rid of them and helped cover Diluc's tracks. Sakura set up a shop stand selling potions and medicine to the locals of Mondstadt with Higokumaru. Himeko was working at Diluc's tavern and a lot of the adventurers and other people were attracted to her. Theresa was doing volunteer work at the Cathedral with Barbara. Even Kallen sometimes does volunteer work at the Cathedral. The rest of us, Me, Kiana, Mei, Fu Hua, and Seele were doing quests, requests, and commissions for the Adevnturers' Guild and for the Knights of Favonius. Seele sometimes helps at the Library with Bronya. When ever Seele does guild work, she would need me or Bronya with her.

(Mondstadt, night)

After a long day of questing, we were going to Diluc's Tavern for a meal. We only consisted of me, Aether, Paimon, Kiana, Mei, Bronya, Theresa, and Seele. As we were approaching the tavern, we heard someone talking.

Patton: *sigh* Shame I only get to listen in front of the other side of the window and don't get to join in the debate. I'd love to give my two cents...

Paimon: Say what? What's up, what's up? Paimon wants in!

Patton: Recently, all the customers at the tavern have been debating the exact same topic: "Who is the strongest fighter in Mondstadt?"

Everyone: The strongest fighter?

Paimon: Must be someone who can floor a whole gang of hilichurls with just one punch!

Patrick in mind: Like Saitama/One Punch Man.

Kiana: Or someone who is overpowered.

Mei: Someone super strong?

Seele: It could be an old person or a young child. That seems unbelievable but always possible.

Patrick: I knew some strong people who were old aged and young aged that were super strong and overpowered.

Aether: There must be far more to it than that.

Paimon: Wow... then it really must be tough to become the strongest of all. But anyway... Is there, like, a general agreement in the city on who it is, or...?

Patton: Hah. Expecting people to come to a swift and straightforward consensus in the City of Freedom is like expecting Fisherman's Toast to drop out of the sky. Everyone's got their own opinion, backed up by a unique set. Of cherry-picked information... But let's be honest, that's what makes the discussion so impassioned and entertaining. Mainstream opinion is polarized, with most people supporting one of two candidates. One is the Dandelion Knight, the other is the Darknight Hero.

Patrick in mind: So either Diluc or Jean.

Aether: Paimon, who are you voting for?

Paimon: Paimon votes for you! What about the rest of you?

Patrick: I think Diluc.

Kiana: Jean.

Mei: Jean.

Seele: Diluc.

Bronya: Diluc.

Theresa: Jean.

Paimon: But let's go into the tavern and talk to the patrons, maybe we'll pick up some juicy gossip.

Patton: Oh, I do envy your life of leisure... But don't mind me, of course. *sigh* I guess I'll just... get back to work.

As we entered into the Tavern, we had to ask the patrons on who the strongest fighter I Mondstadt is. First we asked Charles.