Chapter 5: Settling in Mondstadt

Back at Mondstadt, the sky returned to normal.

Back to us we walked out of the temple.

Paimon: Phew, it's finally done. Well, all that "ley flow" and "elemental lines" stuff Lisa was going on about should hopefully be back to normal. Wanna go back and see how the Knights are doing? But if you got anything more interesting to do, Paimon can come too!

Patrick: We should probably check into an Inn first then go to the Knights of Favonius headquarters.

Paimon: By the way, we obtained another Anemoculus of The Four Winds' temples, right? We might come across them in the future, so don't forget to offer them to the Statues!

In no time we use a Teleport Waypoint and got back to Mondstadt. As soon as we walked through the gate Paimon got in front of us.

Paimon: Hey, guys! There's a lady over there waving to you. Let's go and see what she wants.

Patrick in mind: The Adventurer's Guild. That's right.

We walked up to the Adventurers' Guild Receptionist Katheryne.

Katheryne: Welcome to the Adventurer's Guild. Actually, I have had my eye on you six for a long time.

Paimon: You've had your eye on them, eh? Have they been causing some mischief?

Katheryne: Oh, that is not what I meant at all. Being on the lookout for great adventurers is part of my job. When I look at you six, I see one with the potential to rival the great adventurers of legends.

Paimon: Paimon sees it too. Paimon always feels safe when adventuring with them.

Kiana: And I always feel safe when I'm adventuring with Mei!

Katheryne: Nevertheless, to the adventurer, experience is far more precious than potential. You must accumulate Adventure EXP to increase your Adventure Rank. Time is of the essence. Allow me to brief you on—

Paimon: Wait! Are you saying we're like, official adventurers now?

Katheryne: Do not worry, the Adventurers' Guild does not charge a membership fee or impose any kind of duties on its members. In short, there are lots of benefits but no drawbacks to becoming a member.

Aether: Alright then...

Katheryne: Basically, the Adventurers' Guild rewards you every time your Adventurer Rank increases. Here are new members' gifts for you. You will need to return here to claim rewards in the future.

With that we got our rewards.

Katheryne: Without further ado, please allow me to officially introduce you, our new avid adventurers, into our Guild! Here are your Adventurer Handbooks.

We were each given an Adventurer Handbook.

Aether: This looks more like a marketing pamphlet...

Katheryne: It is, in a way. But it has some practical uses too. It has a record of available commissions and rewards. And it is also proof of your membership. Oh, and one more thing. Sometimes, you will find yourself stuck at a certain Adventure Rank. When this happens, you need to perform some impressive feats to gain further recognition from the Guild.

Paimon: Impressive feats? Sounds like hazing to me.

Katheryne: They are simply specific adventures that allow you to ascend to the next Adventure Rank on compilation. Ascension adventures, if you will. But that will come later. Opportunities to win recognition will come as you gain more adventure experience. That will do for today. We will have plenty of chances to meet in the future. Ad astra abyssosque, Adventurers! With effort, you shall reach the stars and conquer the abyss!