Chapter 31: Osial, Overlord of the Vortex

Toriyama flew us to the Jade Chamber as fast as he could. Once we got there we jumped off then I made the transport disappear in my construct circle.

Paimon: *panting* Paimon's exhausted... if we hadn't happened to see the Jade Chamber flying over just as we came out of the Golden House, we really wouldn't have known which way to go...

Osial was there in our sight. Looking menacing.

Paimon: Whew, did we make it in time? Is the Overlord of the Vortex still in the sea? It hasn't destroyed Liyue yet, has it?

Mei: Now how are we going to fight against that?

Patrick: I don't know. We've never faced something so gigantic as that.

All of a sudden, Xiao appeared then all the adepti, the Millelith, and the Qixing

Xiao: What... are you doing here?

Paimon: Huh... Hold on! It's the adepti! What are you doing on the Jade Chamber? Paimon thought you were arguing with the Qixing... Is the fighting over?

Ningguang: Faced with such a calamity of such magnitude, we have agreed to put our differences aside for now and unit against this common enemy.

Moon Carver: Hmph!

Fu Hua: Glad you did. In moments like this, people put their differences aside and work together to defeat the enemy.

Ningguang shifted her attention to Toriyama.

Ningguang: So you must be Patrick's dragon.

Toriyama: I am.

Paimon: Oh, Paimon gets it... So, how do you plan to defend Liyue? Uhh... just seeing this Overlord of the Vortex guy puts a pit in Paimon's tummy, even from all the way out here.

Keqing: It's not just you. We've got new Millelith recruits who can't even stand at attention without shaking. The force of an ancient god's presence seems to be too much for ordinary people to handle. ...Which is why we must stop that monster before it gets any closer to Liyue Harbor!

Paimon: So the Archon War was fought two thousand years ago against enemies like that thing? Now that's scary...

Xiao: ...

Paimon: So will the power of the Qixing, Millelith, and Adepti gathered here be enough to stop that god?

Ningguang: We've already discussed this together, and our conclusion is... not necessarily.

Paimon: What!? But all of you are supposed to be the guardians of Liyue. Can't you think of something?

Cloud Retainer: One certainly could.

Paimon: Eh?

Higokumaru: Let's hear it.

Sakura: Tell us.

Cloud Retainer: The Qixing did once research the matter of the Guizhong Ballista when it piqued their fancy. And as fate would have it, one, who did craft the Guizhong Ballista with one's own hands, is here... For what could you mortals ever learn of adepti mechanisms? Yet it would take one but a little tinkering to turn this ballista into an engine of war beyond your wildest thoughts.

Ningguang: Heh, I suppose this is one blessing from the adepti that we should be thankful for. So be it. We shall use the upgraded Guizhong Ballista to fight off that god. All the adepti here can lend their strength to man it. We haven't a moment to spare. Our battle begins now!

Ningguang teleports herself up and is now floating in mid air then she summons a platform and three Guizhong Ballistas. Moon Carver, Cloud Retainer, and Mountain Shaper went to them. They powered the weapons up then opened fire on Osial. However...