Chapter 28: Meeting Ningguang

Finally we were at the Jade Chamber. I didn't want to use Toriyama because I didn't want him to be seen. First we got into a misunderstanding at the Guizhong Ballista before Keqing cleared it up, then we had to find a gift for Ningguang, and finally we took a floating platform to get up to the Jade Chamber.

Patrick: We're finally here.

Theresa: We're on a floating island again like on Schicksal's floating island.

Mei: Don't remind us.

Theresa: Sorry.

Fu Hua: Now Ningguang should be here right about now.

From the Jade Chamber, Ningguang appeared before us.

Ningguang: I've been waiting for you, returnees from Jueyun Karst.

Paimon: Ah, it's Ningguang!

When Ningguang appeared, Fu Hua got out of our group and made herself viewable to Ningguang by getting a little closer.

Fu Hua: Ningguang. It's been a while. Glad you invited us here.

Ningguang: My pleasure, Fu Hua.

Then they shook hands.

Patrick: They really do know each other.

Captain: Yes they do. She did earn Ningguang's recognition and they become good friends.

Paimon: Since this is our first meeting, um, we've prepared a gift! Hope you like it?

Ningguang: Oh, for me? You have my thanks. It seems that I have made things difficult for you, considering that you were supposed to be my guests.

Paimon: Hehe... Oh no, it's nothing.

Aether: It's our first time coming to a place this high up...

Ningguang: This palace floats in the skies, higher than the peak of any mountain. From this vantage point, one may survey all of Liyue.

Ningguang: I have been gathering the funds necessary to build it from the time I began learning the merchant's craft. And since becoming the Tianquan, I have spared no effort in hiring the best craftsmen to constantly extend it...

Theresa: I've lived on a floating land before.

Patrick: We've all been on floating lands before.

Ningguang: At first, it was but the size of one room. Now, it is large enough to blot out the moon in the skies above Liyue.

Patrick: Must have taken years to build this place. Unless if Geo Vision users with expert crafting skills who can make rocks and other stone materials into any shape they want made building take less time.

Ningguang: Very imaginative.

What she said, flustered me.

Captain: Another creative theory you came up with, brother.

Patrick: Yeah.

Ningguang: One day, I believe it will overshadow all seven nations.

Aether in mind: This Tianquan does not lack for ambition...

Ningguang: Not many from outside of Liyue earn the right to ascent to the Jade Chamber. But I have been in correspondence with the Acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius who spoke highly of you.

Mei: So you know Jean.

Ningguang: I do.

Ningguang turned to me.