Chapter 80: Summertime Odyssey second part

(Next day)

Aether was waking up. He saw Paimon and the rest of the party. The Valkyries who were changed were back in their default outfits. And the CPUs and CPU Candidates were back in their 4 Goddesses Online outfits.

Paimon: Are you awake?

Aether: Ugh... It's morning again... What's up? Has something happened?

Paimon: It might sound hard to believe, but no. Nothing's happened.

Kiana: Nothing's happened.

Xinyan: You're awake? Then let's bring you up to speed: We've searched everywhere, and found nothing unusual at all.

Kaedehara Kazuha: Based on the previous two mirages, we should have been able to find something that acts as an entrance.

Aether: That's weird.

Mona: Is it possible that the time has not come yet?

Fu Hua: Probably. It is merely the calm before the storm.

Xinyan: You mean, we should wait a little longer?

Mona: Yes. Plus, Fischl is still nowhere to be found, and I highly suspect that she's even more eager to find the entrance than we are. So let's wait. Let's give the mirage... no, give Fischl some more time.

Everyone agrees with Mona and takes a break. Then, they continue the search in two groups. After numerous round trips with little success, something finally appears on the beach.

Paimon: There's something on the beach!

On the beach was a book and a raven statue.

Kaedehara Kazuha: A book? And next to it is... hmm... a raven statue?

Paimon: This statue looks a lot like Oz...

Noir: It does.

Mona: Why did these two items appear together? Did the raven bring the book here?

Sakura: Doubtful. Oz and Fischl did not come back here.

Xinyan: What's the book about? Is it a diary?

Mona: Let's see... "Hymn of the Holy Land"? I've never heard of a book by that title.

Paimon: From the cover, it looks like... it was written by Fischl herself?

Xinyan: That would certainly fit her personality. "Hymn of the Holy Land"... interesting, I like it.

Blanc: So do I. I'd want to add a book like this to my library.

Kaedehara Kazuha: As a title, it has a sacred ring to it.

Paimon: So what should we do? Should we touch it?

Mona: ...Fischl's still not back.

Sakura: Would it even be ok to go inside without Fischl guiding us?

Mona: Never mind, let's head inside first. Once Fischl finds the book, I'm sure she'll be able to catch up with us.

Paimon: Paimon agrees! It's like we're peeping into her diary, so Paimon's sure she'll wanna come in and stop us.

Noire: As much as I'm against looking at people's secrets in diaries. It has to be done.

Neptune: So let's go!

Upon touching the book, they enter the mirage within...​​ The domain was some kind of castle in a kingdom in the sky. Then a narrator spoke.

Narrator: "Though this truth has long faded from popular memory, scholars have long known that Prinzessin Fischl von Luftschloss Narfidort first descended upon the world during the Time of Chaos, roughly six hundred years before the Era of the Saints."