Chapter 89: Search for the Village Keepers and truths revealed

They exited the village chief's house.

Neptune: That was certainly some excitement.

Paimon: Let's get some food in us, and then we'll— Whoa!

Alhaitham was outside.

Paimon: Where did you come from?

Vert: How long have you been here?

Alhaitham: Well, as you can see, I am merely sitting here and reviewing what we have deduced thus far.

Paimon: You were gone for ages, and now you're suddenly sitting here musing to yourself? Where have you been, anyway?

Noire: We barely saw you.

Alhaitham: ...

Paimon: Hey, what's with the silence!

Alhaitham: You never think things through before asking questions. I'm giving you some time to make up for that.

Kiana: Now that's slow.

Paimon: Huh!? Argh, Paimon's so mad! Paimon's gonna give you an ugly nickname!

Aether: Go ahead, I won't stop you.

Kiana: Neither will we.

Patrick: I wonder what you're gonna come up with this time?

Paimon: Uh, um... Never mind, Paimon's got nothing...

Kiana: Out of creativity.

Paimon: YOu want Paimon to give you an ugly nickname too?!

Kiana: No!

Paimon: There's just nothing super obvious to pick with this guy... It makes it so hard.

Alhaitham: Well, you've heard nothing to suggest I left this whole time. So clearly, I stayed in the village to investigate. Anyway. You plan to leave Aaru Village and keep searching for the truth of this matter, yes?

Durandal: That's the plan.

Paimon: Yep, we're not gonna find out anything more by staying here. So we thought that we might as well take the search elsewhere.

Alhaitham: ...

Paimon: Enough with the silent treatment!

Aether: Maybe he's giving us time to think...

Alhaitham: No, I'm just surprised that you decided to team up with him.

Cyno was behind them.

Cyno: Alhaitham, you haven't helped us out at all ever since we arrived at Aaru Village. Bold of you to question our choices.

Aether: That's true.

Paimon: Yeah! You're all talk!

Alhaitham: While you were investigating, I had my own work to do, which I've now finished.

Paimon: Really? Paimon doesn't believe you.

Vert: Then show us proof.

Alhaitham: To be honest, we aren't really a team, so I have no obligation to inform you of my whereabouts. Not to mention that going separate ways allowed me to find some important information that you all had missed.

Paimon: Huh? Right here in the village?

Alhaitham: Correct.

Cyno: What did you learn?

Alhaitham: I'm going to take you to someone. But before that, you need to understand where she's coming from.

Paimon: What does that mean?