Chapter 85: The Sabzeruz Festival and samsara time loop

(Sumeru City)

Paimon: We didn't miss the Sabzeruz Festival, right?

Durandal: I don't think we did.

Paimon: Let's hurry and find Dunyarzad. Paimon thinks... she must be around the Grand Bazaar, since she showed us around there last time.

(Grand Bazaar)

Paimon: There she is! Dunyarzad, we're back!

Dunyarzad: Just as promised! I'm so glad that you came back to celebrate Lesser Lord Kusanali's birthday.

Aether: Looks like we made it back in time.

Patrick: It's a very important festival, after all.

Vert: We would never miss an Archon's birthday. Especially a little girl's birthday.

Dunyarzad: Hehe, indeed! The festival is tomorrow. We have been preparing for so long that I can't help but feel a little nervous.

Paimon: There's no need to be nervous! Paimon's sure that Lesser Lord Kusanali will feel everyone's gratitude.

Vert: Including our gratitude.

Dunyarzad: Hehe, thanks, Paimon. And you too, Vert. I hope that everyone who comes to the festival will also have a good time. Speaking of which, did you manage to make your way to Port Ormos? Discover anything over there?

Durandal: Kind of.

Paimon: Of course we went! A lot of things happened there...

Aether: Unfortunately, we didn't find any new information on Lesser Lord Kusanali.

Neptune: Instead, we were only left with more questions... Which is so annoying!

Dunyarzad: *sigh* I see. Sounds like you had another exciting adventure...

Bronya: We did.

Dunyarzad: ...If there is another chance, I would love to join...

Dehya: *sigh* My lady, if you went to Port Ormos in your current state, we'd both be in for a lifetime of trouble.

Paimon: Dehya! You were eavesdropping!

Dehya: Ahem, it's called covert protection! Keeping an ear out for what's going on around my employer is part of the job.

Noire: Overprotective.

Dunyarzad: It's alright, Dehya. I merely said that I "would" like to go. I know better than to think my body could handle it, hehe. The festival is tomorrow. I've been doing nothing but causing trouble for you, so Dehya, please take some time to relax. I'll be fine.

Dehya: ...Hm, even when you put it that way, it still doesn't feel right...

Dunyarzad: Don't worry, my guardian knight.

Dehya: Okay, fine, but only tonight. Tomorrow's a big day, and many no-good scumbags are gonna take advantage of that.

Paimon: *yawn*

Kiana: *yawn*

Dunyarzad: Oh, you two must be exhausted from your long journey back to the city. My apologies for not realizing this sooner. I've already prepared rooms for you to rest. Please follow me.

Paimon: Whoa, you're so thoughtful! Paimon's so ready!

They followed Dunyazad to the occasions and there were rooms.

Dunyarzad: Here we are. It's also fairly close to where I've been staying.

Paimon: It looks really nice!