Chapter 29: Fatui Investigation

We flew to where the paper snow showed us to go. We looked down and saw Fatui soldiers guarding the place.

Paimon: There really were Fatui at the location written down on this piece of paper!

Sakura: We better get rid of them.

Patrick: Let's go with a direct attack. Master.

Toriyama: Right.

Toriyama charged down which the Fatui took notice.

Fatui Agent: Dragon!

Toriyama used his fire breath and got rid of some of them then he used his air breath and got rid of them all. We got off and started looking around for clues. That's when we discovered an area with talismans.

Paimon: There are talismans here! And some stacks of blank paper, too! Hmm, what are they for?

Aether: Maybe they're trying to reproduce a talisman.

Sakura: Reproduce talismans? Talismans can only be reproduced by making them yourself. I've had to make talismans by hand.

Paimon: Paimon's seen this pattern before! But where... Oh, Paimon knows! It looks just like the Sigils of Permission that Childe gave us.

Patrick: We still have them with us.

Paimon: Hmm, but how did a relic of the adepti end up in the hands of someone like Childe? Suspicious...

Aether: It's not just a relic...

Paimon: Oh, that's right. Cloud Retainer said that when the Lord of Geo created the Sigil of Permission, it wasn't to be used as some ol' relic... Talismans like that were once used in the Archon War to channel divine powers. Maybe the Fatui are copying the Sigil of Permission in hopes of achieving a similar effect? Being able to channel divine power in battle... Whew, that sounds pretty dangerous.

Aether: Seems the Fatui are definitely up to something.

Paimon: And the plot thickens... We'll need to keep an eye on Childe, that's for sure.

Kallen: We better do that. Or else he will make a move on us.

Paimon: Hmm, alright, that's enough sticking around here. We gotta go meet up with Zhongli soon. The last stop on our Rite of Parting preparations tour is... Dihua Marsh Let's go! Paimon hates being late!

(Dihua Marsh)

We flew to Dihua Marsh

Zhongli: Right on time. I myself only arrived moments ago. Did you enjoy your visit to the Jade Chamber?

Fu Hua: Yes we did.

Paimon: It was so biiig. And preetty. And expensive. Paimon's never seen such a fancy-schmancy place before!

Theresa: We were literally on a floating island.

Zhongli: Indeed. It's second to none in all of Liyue.

Zhongli: Then you met with Ningguang, I trust? What did you talk about with her?

Fu Hua: About clearing our names and misunderstandings.

Paimon: She's super rich and so generous. Paimon thinks she's very friendly!

Aether: Business people are always "friendly" when it suits their interests.

Paimon: Yeah, his take on Ningguang is quite different from Paimon's. He thinks that even the tactless Yuheng is more trustworthy than her.

Zhongli: Oh, so you also met with Keqing, then? What did she have to say?