Chapter 73: Imperatrex Umbrosa Act 2

(Adventurer's Guild)

The party was at the Adventure's guild.

It consisted of Patrick, Drago, Kiana, Bronya, Seele, Fu Hua, Jingwai's Wings, Book of Fuxi, Aether, Paimon, Neptune, Blanc, Asuka, and Yumi.

Katheryne: Ad Astra abyssosque, party. Recently, the Adventurers Guild has received an unusual commission, and after careful consideration, we believe that—

Paimon: "The traveler would be the most suitable candidate." Right?

Kiana: And the rest of us?

Katheryne: Hehe, indeed. As ever. I will spare the pleasantries, then. May J ask if you are available to help?

Aether: Of course, that's what we're here for.

Neptune: Yep! There's no way we'd ever turn down commissions.

Katheryne: Well, let me go over it briefly. Our client for this job is the Yashiro Commission. Apparently, rifthounds are attacking the roots of the Sacred Sakura nearby Mt. Yougou in great numbers.

Paimon: Rifthounds? ...On Narukami Island?

Sakura: How is that possible?

Katheryne: Yes. We are not sure where exactly these creatures come from. But this time, they are attacking in alarming numbers with great aggression and a clear target. The Sacred Sakura is of tremendous importance to Inazuma. I trust you are aware of this already.

Aether: I believe I understand.

Katheryne: Good. Then you can see that this case is very urgent indeed.

Paimon: Is the Tenryou Commission aware?

Katheryne: Yes, and they are already taking action of their own. However, given that the Sacred Sakura's root system is vast and complex, and faced with the unpredictability and scale of the rifthounds' attacks, they are finding it difficult to defend against them. Their main priority is to protect the civilian population. So they are actively looking to cooperate with all other available forces to eliminate the monsters. The Adventurers' Guild is one of the key parties assisting the Tenryou Commission with their work. But so far, the combined efforts to combat the rifthounds has failed to substantially ameliorate the situation.

Aether: Time to make some whelps yelp.

Kiana: We'll send these pooches packing.

Katheryne: You have our deepest gratitude. Your confident response puts me far more at ease. I will mark on your map the areas where rifthound appearances have been recently reported. I hope you won't encounter too much trouble overcoming them.

Paimon: Relax! We'll be back before you can say "ad astra abyssosque."

Paimon: The Sacred Sakura's in danger again, huh. Who'd have thought.

Seele: Sakura, Higokumaru, and Tamamo are probably already there fighting against them.

Patrick: And they need our help.

Neptune: And so do Iffy and Compa.

Paimon: Keeping the Sacred Sakura safe was 's greatest wish, and now these mangy mutts are trying to destroy it. Time to teach them a lesson!

Neptune: Transform!

Everyone who can transform transformed into their other forms and those who could fly carried the ones who can't fly.

(The area where the monsters have appeared)

At the area, Sakura, Higokumaru, Tamamo No Mae, Minamoto No Raikou, Kallen, Selune's Elgy, IF, and Compa were fighting off the Rifthounds. That's when the party arrives.