Chapter 9: Honorary Knights and Venti the Bard

Today we were gonna move on and do the second act of the prologue. It was already a week since being in Mondstadt and we had to continue. Eventually we found Jean taking to someone.

Paimon: Isn't that Jean? Seems like she's talking to someone... Let's let her finish, then go say hi?

Mei: It would be for the best.

We listened to the conversation.

Fatui Diplomat: ...which is what has brought us to this point in the first place. If you are unable to promptly deal with the Stormterror threat, then leave the defense of Mondstadt to the Fatui. We can put an end to Mondstadt's dragon issues, all we need to do is bring that monster—

Jean: "Monster?"

Fatui: Diplomat: Yes, what's your point?

Jean: Ah... I'd expect a more professional attitude from your diplomats. Yet here you are saying you want to "put an end" to one of The Four Winds of Mondstadt? I won't have any of this nonsense in front of the Knights of Favonius.

Fatui Diplomat: Heh... Hehehe... It's not as crazy as you make it sound. Fine. That's enough negotiation for today. At this stage it's an amicable exchange of constructive opinions, no? I'll be sure to... make thorough notes...

After the Fatui Diplomat left, we went up to Jean.

Jean: Ah, everyone, you're back. Thanks for your help, the elemental flow is finally stable. The aftermath of Stormterror's last attack has finally settled for the moment. However, the pressure from the delegation has become too big to be ignored...

Paimon: Delegation? From Liyue Harbor or Inazuma City?

Jean: Snezhnaya. They chose to follow the God of Cryo. Their envoys go by a particular name: The Fatui. Heard of them?

Patrick: Yes we have.

Paimon: Oh, them. They are super famous. Wait, infamous is more the word...

Jean: I don't think killing Stormterror is the right course of action. The Cryo God's Fatui have always coveted the Anemo God's power. I don't believe they have Mondstadt's best interests at heart.

Aether: Speaking of power...

Jean: What is it Aether?

Aether: There's something we need to show the Knights of Favonius.

Jean: Oh? Let us head back to headquarters then. We shouldn't discuss important matters... out in the open.

(Jean's office)

We followed Jean back to the Knights of Favonius Headquarters then we showed Jean and Lisa the red crystal.

Jean: It's a crystal embedded with some kind of power... Lisa, are you able to analyze it?

Lisa: Let me take a look... I can see impurities in the crystal, but on further inspection... No, I'm sorry, I can't make a proper analysis at the moment. Give me some time. I'lll take a look through the library's restricted section.

Jean: Right. I'll leave the research to you then, Lisa.

Lisa: Understood. I'll notify you all if I make any progress. Though I wouldn't go getting your hopes up. They are incredibly ancient texts, not to mentio— Ouch! Gosh, that hurt! The impurities in the crystal... It hurts when I get close... I see... It appears to react to Visions. The impurities and the elemental energy we embody repel each other. It's strange though. You cuties have elemental abilities as well, but doesn't seem to be affected in the same way.

Aether: ...

Patrick: When we got close to it, my Vision and the Girls' Visions didn't get repelled.