Chapter 24: Conqueror of Demons and Guardian Yaksha

(Wangshu Inn)

We got to Wangshu Inn. It was now night. We had already checked in once again so we can rest in Wangshu Inn for the night after finding Xiao.

Kiana: We're back here in Wangshu Inn.

Paimon: Compared to JueYun Karst this place seems basic. Are we really gonna find an adeptus here?

Fu Hua: He is here. We know he's here.

Paimon: Let's go take a look. Paimon reckons he'll be on the balcony. Heh, doubt we're going to find him in the kitchen.

We went to the balcony but saw no sign of Xiao.

Paimon: Oh? He's not here?

Aether and Paimon decided to look at the horizon.

Xiao: To the blind, everything may not be as it appears...

Xiao appeared out of nowhere which gave us all a startle. We showed him our Sigils of Permission.

Xiao: Sigils of Permission? You came prepared. Though this only prevents me from hurting you myself. Doesn't stop you from getting hurt in other ways. The last time I saw you people I didn't even bother to hurt you because you were desperate to find your friends and family.

Paimon: Uhh... Paimon doesn't get it...

Xiao: Too much contact with our world is breaking the rules. Mortal souls are not as robust as those of adepti, nor can your blood carry this level of adepti energy.

Fu Hua: I've lived for over 50,000 years because of an artifact that halted my aging. I am just as robust as you adepti.

Book of Fuxi: That's right! She is stronger than you think!

Xiao: It's for your own good. Leave. Now.

Xiao turned to leave.

Paimon: Wait a sec, we came here to...

But it was too late as Xiao disappeared instantly.

Paimon: Argh! Paimon's... peeved! All he does is think about himself! Paimon wants to give him an ugly nickname... but if you tick off an adepts, the only you'll probably find in treasure chests is cabbages! Bleurgh! Ugh... Guess we should go ask the boss lady of the inn about just how she manages to talk to adepti.

Fu Hua: you're right, we should.

We went back inside then went to the boss lady, Verr Goldet. We asked her about Xiao.

Verr Goldet: Oh? You've already met Xiao?

Seele: Yes we have. HE was the one that told us where to find Fu Hua and Captain. And now we've found Sakura and Kallen earlier today.

Verr Goldet: Not bad. Not often he's in a good enough mood to agree to see people. The last time you were here, he must have been in a good mood to see people.

Paimon: What's his good mood?

Verr Goldet: Oh yes, the adepti are very hard to come by. Many people go their whole lives praying to them, never once actually getting to see one. When the Geo Archon built Liyue, he borrowed power from the adepti. But most of them only know how to protect Liyue by fighting. So for many millennia, it has been humans who have led Liyue, whilst the adepti haves lived hidden away on the outskirts.

Paimon: You really know a lot, huh boss lady.

Verr Goldert: It's not "boss lady," it's just boss... Anyway, seen as you have the favor of the adepti, things should have been a lot easier. Well... If you wanna know my opinion... If you keep Xiao in a good mood, things should be okay.