Chapter 91: As by a God's Side

As their plan progresses, more and more preparations have been done for the important day. However, this does not mean the process is as smooth as can be...

They approach Dehya at the tavern.

Paimon: Dehya~! We're here!

Dehya: It's about time! Didn't you say our part of the plan is the most important of all? Tsk, and here you come rolling in late. In the time it took you to get here, I already did five laps around the place, downed seven drinks, and even did some clothes shopping.

Paimon: Uh, sorry... We didn't mean to keep you waiting...

Vert: We had to go with Cyno's part of the plan.

Dehya: Heh, I just wanted to fix your attitude and rub it in a little. After all, you took your sweet time getting here, and we've got important stuff to take care of.

Aether: Sorry, the situation was a bit tricky.

Dehya: ...Haha, I just like seeing that serious look on your faces. Alright, I'll stop. All joking aside, I'm glad you're here. Let's get moving and take care of this as soon as possible.

Paimon: Uh, but where should we start?

Dehya: Our responsibility is to get a status update on the Fatui Harbinger known as The Doctor. We need to make sure he won't get in our way when we rescue Lesser Lord Kusanali. Dealing with an institution that controls all of Sumeru is already hard enough... If The Doctor were to crash the party, it would be next to impossible for us to achieve our goals.

Paimon: Yeah, we sure don't want him showing up... Ugh, he really gives Paimon the creeps!

Patrick: I just want to kill him right now.

Vert: I want to kill him too.

Kiana: Though we don't know how strong he will actually be. (Because we won't be fighting him. Instead we'll be fighting against Scaramouche.)

Dehya: Right, hearing his name just reminds me of those stuffy old geezers in the Akademiya. I'd rather not have to deal with someone like that.

Aether: So, what should we do?

Dehya: According to the plan, we should first go to Pardis Dhyai, and ask for Forest Watcher Tighnari. If Alhaitham and Cyno's sources are solid, then we can be sure that Tighnari still has the Akademiya's trust.

Durandal: He hasn't done anything to turn against them yet. So we have a chance.

Dehya: So, we'll find Tighnari, and convince him to get us the latest intel on The Doctor. Then, depending on what we learn, we'll make any necessary adjustments to our plan. The sages have placed spies everywhere on the other side of the Wall. I'll follow you as a bodyguard.

Aether: I didn't expect you to become my bodyguard.

Seele: Even though there are a lot of us.

Asuka: And they can't capture us easily as long as we stay together.

Dehya: Haha, you should be honored. I don't offer my services to just anyone, you know.

Paimon: But Paimon thought mercenaries would do anything for Mora!

Dehya: That's certainly true, but when multiple employers are vying for your services, you should always go with the best offer. Hmm, let's see. If I were to charge you a bill... I guess I can apply a discount.

Paimon: H—How much Mora do you want? Paimon's not sure we can afford it...

Dehya: Hmm, how much do I want...? Hey, how about paying me with a smile, whaddya say?