Chapter 84: Port Ormos

(Port Ormos)

They arrived in Port Ormos after using the Wave Riders.

Rama: Come and have a good look yourself! Traditional spices of the highest quality, made with pride and experience!

Pooria: Haha, you've got a deal! I can't thank you enough for always looking after my business.

Jayant: Believe me, I'm not making this up. Several Eremite mercenary groups are nearly in open conflict, but does the Corps of Thirty care? *sigh* And that's not all, did you know that...

Paimon: Wow, talk about hurly-burly, this place is busy! Guess that's only to be expected for the largest port in Sumeru. Uh, maybe it's because of what Dehya told us earlier, but Paimon can't seem to shake the feeling that there's also danger lurking in these crowds.

Rozaliya: There could be someone suspicious in this crowd.

Liliya: Or someone in disguise.

Paimon: Let's get our bearings so we can start looking for leads.

Neptune: Right. We better start looking for clues and evidence.

Paimon: We know that whatever the Akademiya lost is related to the gods... But other than that, we don't have much else to go on. Hmm... Asfand told us to try posing as Akademiya students while asking around. Paimon checked the Akasha on the way here, and the Akademiya doesn't seem to have any research facilities in Port Ormos.

Kiana: So it would just be pointless to pose as students.

Paimon: Paimon doesn't get it... Won't we look even more suspicious going around saying we're Akademiya students AND asking about the stolen item?

Aether: Right, we should figure that out before doing anything else.

Fu Hua: Figuring that out could be crucial for the rest of our investigation here.

Paimon: Well, given all the people that come through here every day, if there's any information to be found, Paimon bets we could find it in the market. Let's ask around and see what we come up with.

Himeko: Alright. Let's split up in groups and find what we're looking for.

So they split up to find answers. Staying with Aether and Paimon were Patrick and the Valkyries Kiana, Mei, Bronya, and Seele. They go up to one of the merchants.

Elham: Welcome, welcome! How can I help you seven?

Paimon: Hi there, we would like to ask you a question. Uh, do students from the Akademiya ever come to Port Ormos?

Bronya: That's what we'd like to know.

Elham: Hehe, of course, especially around this time of year. Students from Sumeru City that are about to graduate often come to Port Ormos to cut loose a little. Many people often talk about how hard it is to get accepted into the Akademiya, let alone graduate. But those who finish their studies and go on to become full-time researchers at the Akademiya have it even harder. Sure, we may not be Sumeru City, but Port Ormos offers beautiful scenery and a stress-free environment. Some even say it's good luck to come to Port Ormos, so students and researchers come flocking here when things get to be too much at the Akademiya. Ah, you see over there? Those are students from the Akademiya.

Aether: They look pretty serious.

Kiana: Maybe even a little worried.

Elham: They've been looking worried and miserable ever since they got here a few days ago. If you ask me, the life of a merchant is better. So long as the Akasha teaches us what we need, then life is good.