Chapter 2: Encounter with Amber

Later on we got to this clearing then...

???: Hey, you! Stop right there!

A girl's voice called out to us. Then a girl jumped out from a higher ground and got in front of us.

Patrick in mind: That must be Amber, the girl from some of the trailers and beta test let's play videos. They say that she's cute and attractive. She's an archer and can use Pyro magic.

Amber: May the Anemo God protect you, strangers! I am Amber, Outrider for the Knights of Favonius. You don't look like citizens of Mondstadt. Explain yourselves!

Patrick in mind: Just like in the beta, Amber thinks that the player and Paimon are hostiles. I've been memorizing what to say and better do that now.

Paimon: We're not looking for trouble.

Amber: That's what all the troublemakers say.

Patrick: We're just travelers passing by. My name is Patrick.

Kiana: Kiana.

Mei: Mei.

Bronya: Bronya.

Seele: Seele.

Aether: Hello, my name is Aether.

Paimon: Paimon!

Amber: ...Doesn't sound like local names to me. And this... mascot, what's the deal with it?

Aether: We're friends.

Paimon: I mean we've only been traveling partners for two months but... we've already become the best of friends. And now we've become traveling partners and the best of friends with these five individuals just today.

Kiana: And she's emergency food too.

Paimon: Hey! That's even worse than being a mascot!

Kiana laughed as did Seele and I too.

Kiana: I'm just joking! I just wanted to see your reaction if you ever get called emergency food!

Then we stopped laughing.

Amber: So to sum it up, you're all traveling partners, right?

Kiana: That's right.

Mei: We are.

Bronya: 100%

Seele: Exactly.

Amber: Well look, there's been a large dragon sighted around Monstadt recently. Best you get inside the city as soon as possible. It's not far from here, I'll escort you there.

Paimon: Oh? Aren't you out here for some other reason?

Seele: The way you showed yourself to us gave us a theory on another reason why you're out here.

Amber: I am. But not to worry, I can keep you all safe while doing that too... Besides... I'm still not sure if I can trust you people just yet.

Kiana: Do we look suspicious to you!...

Mei silenced Kiana by covering her mouth and holding her back.

Aether: Why so suspicious?

Amber: Oh, ahh... I'm sorry. Probably not something I should say as a knight. I give you my apologies, uh.... Strange yet... respectable travelers.