Chapter 77: The Chasm

(Liyue)

Fu Hua and her two ELFs were going to see Katheryne. Aether and Paimon were doing going to do that too. They arrive at the same time at the Adventurers' Guild.

Katheryne: Ah, Traveler. Fu Hua. Right on cue, hehe.

Fu Hua: Hello Katheryne.

Paimon: Hey Katheryne! Got any new commissions for us today? Also... how come you look so happy to see us? What have you done!?

Katheryne: I went to the shrine to draw a fortune slip earlier. The shrine maiden told me that "it is the season for an unexpected reunion."

Paimon: Katheryne? Drawing fortune slips at the shrine? ...Is it just Paimon, or is that the most unusual thing ever!? Wait, no, that's not the unusual part — we're in Liyue! You went to Inazuma and back in a single day!?

Katheryne: Hehe, even I have a private life, you know.

Fu Hua: I hope you met Sakura and Mei at the Shrine. And your sister too.

Katheryne: I sure did.

Paimon: Okay, so when you say "unexpected reunion," you mean running into us, right?

Katheryne: Who can say? But the anticipation of knowing that an unexpected reunion is due is making me happy to see everyone I cross paths with today.

Paimon: Fair enough, even though we see each other pretty much every day... Whatever makes you happy.

Aether: An unexpected reunion...

Fu Hua: Perhaps...

Paimon: Wait, are you saying... Ohh, Paimon gets it, guys. Well, let's just hope the shrine maiden was right... Fingers crossed we find her.

Katheryne: I'm sorry... did I say something I shouldn't have? You both seem a little down.

Paimon: Oh, it's nothing. Anyway, back to business. Do you have a new commission you want to give to us?

Book of Fuxi: We're up up for new commissions.

Jingwai's Wings: What can we do today?

Katheryne: Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. This one is from a miner. It seems to be related to investigating The Chasm.

Fu Hua, Book of Fuxi, and Jingwai's Wings: The Chasm?

Paimon: Really? Does this mean The Chasm's not sealed off anymore?

Fu Hua: I believe that I've heard that it was opened again.

Katheryne: I will leave the requester to fill you in on all the relevant details. His name is Yuehui, and he should be at The Chasm right now.

Paimon: Alright then, thanks Katheryne! We'll head there right away.

Katheryne: Very well. Ad astra... abyssosque. Hmm, this time you are truly bound for the abyss. Good luck to you both.

Fu Hua and Aether walk away.

Book of Fuxi: Now we'll finally be able to get to go to The Chasm.

Fu Hua: I've snuck in a few times to see it and I've gotten good views of it. I should go get the others. I'm sure that they will want to see it too. Head over to the entrance and my ELFs and I will come back.

Aether: Ok.

Paimon: We'll be waiting for you!

(The Chasm)

Aether and Paimon waited for Fu Hua to return when finally she came back with the party. However. Only a few showed up. Patrick, Kiana, Mei, Bronya, Seele, Neptune, Noire, Blanc, and Vert. Joining them surprisingly was Tesla-ZERO.