Chapter 56: Watatsumi Island

Much time has passed and we were finally ready to go see Kokomi Sangonomiya Watatsumi Island. During that time we were training with the servants.

(Arrive at the agreed location on Yashiori Island)

Teppei: Aha, everyone, there you are, good to see you.

Sakura: Like wise.

Teppei: Your appointment with Sangonomiya is fast approaching. We should get going. Are you ready?

Higokumaru: Yes we are!

Tamamo: We're ready. Mikon~

Teppei: We'll start by heading to the camp on Watatsumi Island, and then we'll go meet Her Excellency together from there. If you start to feel seasick at any point during the trip, let me know straight away. That said, you've spent time with the Crux Fleet in the past, so I think you'll probably be fine... Ready... and away we go!

So we took the wave riders and rode all the way to Watatsumi Island.

(Watatsumi Island)

Sakura: Well here we are. Watatsumi Island.

We stood in front of an edge as Sakura pointed her hand out to the canopy of mountains and waterfalls.

Seele: Wow. It feels like being at The Deep again.

Paimon: The Deep?

Seele: One of the entrances to the Sea of Quanta.

Bronya: It does feel like being back in The Deep.

Sakura: Over there is the shrine and over there is the resistance camp. Where we are going.

Teppei: Yeah, exactly that.

(resistance camp)

Teppei: Here we are. The training grounds for Watatsumi Island's troops. Right now, the resistance is predominantly made up of local soldiers from Watatsumi Island. Some of them are fighting with the Shogun's Army in Tatarasuna, and some of them are stationed here on the island to keep the locals safe.

Paimon: Did you use to train here, too?

Teppei: Yep! Unfortunately, I had to join the fight in Tatarasuna before I'd had the chance to impress the instructors. So they had me start off by helping out in the logistics division... I'll be staying here for now. If you need me for anything, just come here. If I'm not around, just write a note and stick it on the wall. As soon as I see it, I'll come find you... ...Shoot, it's nearly time for the appointment with Her Excellency. I'll have to show you around Watatsumi Island some other time. For now, let's get ourselves over to Sangonomiya!

Paimon: So Sangonomiya is the name of the place where Sangonomiya Kokomi lives... huh. Let's go check it out.

Sakura: Right this way.

(Sangonomiya Shrine)

We went up to the shrine where we saw Kokomi.

Sangonomiya Kokomi: Food supplies are the absolute top priority, period. We cannot afford any losses. With the conflict between us and the Shogun's Army getting more intense by the day, we must prioritize :the stability of the rearguard.

Ookubo Daisuke: Understood. I will think of a way...

Sangonomiya Kokomi: Take heart. We have a fresh batch of supplies in hand, and I'm working on expanding the army. I appreciate that the lack of manpower has been hard on all of you. But things are going to get better.

Ookubo Daisuke: We're expanding the army? Oh, that's great. Whoever this mystery supporter is, they're doing us a great service...

We interrupt their conversation by walking up to them.