Chapter 38: Beyond This World's Stars

(Liyue Harbor)

Our party was leaving Liyue after completing a commission. It only consisted of Aether, Paimon, Kiana, Fu Hua, Jingwai's Wings, Seele, and Me.

Fu Hua: What a commission that was.

Kiana: Yeah. I'm beat.

Patrick: I'll summon Toriyama then we can get back to Mondstadt.

All of a sudden, Paimon noticed someone sitting on top of a rock.

???: Finally.

On top of a wall was a girl in blue.

???: *yawn* You kept me waiting so long I almost fell asleep.

Then she goes through some kind of portal made of water then appears in front of us. Then she materialized a blue construct circle.

???: Haha, as usual, my astrological predictions are proven correct.

Kiana: Ok now you have us confused here.

???: You. Yes you. Come with me.

Paimon: Um... Are you some sort of door-to-door fortune teller? Sorry, but we're not really interested.

Kiana: We can't go unless you give us an explanation.

???: You're all not from this world, are you?

What she said made us turn pale white with blank eyes and a black background.

Paimon: H–How do you know about that?

???: How? Because I'm a master of true astrology.

Kiana: It would be bad if anyone found out that we're from other worlds.

???: If you've no other questions, let's be off.

Aether: Oh, I'm just full of questions.

Kiana: For starters, who are you?

???: *sigh* Fine, I'll exercise a little patience, and explain. I am Astrologist Mona Megistus. But considering that it is most rude to misremember names, I allow others to call me Mona.

Patrick: Oh we can remember names pretty well, Ms. Astrologist Mona Megistus.

What I said made Mona flustered but she put that aside.

Mona: I am on a mission from my master to retrieve a certain box from Mondstadt.

Seele: A certain box?

Mona: It was part of an agreement she made with a friend 50 years ago. But she isn't as spry as she used to be, so it's now up to me.

Paimon: Not sure what getting some box back has to do with us. Why do you need us to come along?

Mona: Well... that's because I would also like to take on the guardian of the box.

Fu Hua: Guardian?

Mona: My master and her friend contended in the mystic arts all their lives without a clear victor. If I triumph here, then I will show myself to be superior to my master!

Aether: So you want to prove yourself, huh...

Mona: Ahem, well, I want to prove the power and status of astrology, to be precise.

Aether: So basically, you want to look good.

Kiana: To act cool.

Mona: What are you talking about? The main thing here is to use this chance to prove the power and status of astrology! But from my predictions, I know that my master's friend has left Mondstadt, leaving her successor as the current guardian of that box. Like me, that successor must also be the one who has surpassed their teacher. I must not be careless. But I would prefer to assure my victory in this contest, and upon giving it some thought, you came to mind!