Chapter 12: Xiangling's cooking quest and finding Dvalin's Tears

(Springvale)

On a clear and sunny day, I went for a walk to Springvale with Kiana. Meanwhile Mei and Seele were out looking for another Teardrop Crystal with Jean, and Diluc. Theresa and Himeko were monster hunting for hilichurls and slimes with Amber and Kaeya. And Bronya was helping Lisa at the Library.

(Flashback)

Mei: Are you really going by yourself?

Patrick: I just want to clear my mind. I can handle myself.

Then I turned to leave.

Mei: Someone is gonna have to go with him. Kiana.

Kiana: Eh?! Why me?

Mei: Because you were alone with him for four months. I promise I won't fall for anyone else.

Kiana: Fine. I suppose I still have the feelings from before.

Mei: And no acting Tsundere on him.

Kiana: Hey! It's not like I want to act Tsundere on him just because I only like you, my senpai!

Then her attitude changed.

Kiana: But even so, I still harbor those feelings from after he saved me from Sirin and Otto Apocalypse... So I guess I'll go.

Then Kiana ran to me and caught up to me at the stone bridge.

(Now)

I had to admit that Kiana looked slightly more beautiful in the clothes that Kallen wore. White does fit Kiana well. Even her family symbol was on the dress in the color gold. I couldn't bring myself to speak first and wanted Kiana to speak first.

Kiana: It was just the two of us for four months. Now being out here with you feels the same way.

Patrick: It was because I had to protect you from Schicksal and to comfort you... When I first saw the YouTube ad for "Honkai Impact 3rd" "Will of the Herrscher" in the late summer of 2018 where Sirin took over and Mei was beaten down, I knew that I'd want my Waifu to be the girl I'd want to save, change back, protect, and comfort. Then a few months later in January 2019 I started playing the game and chose you to be my top Waifu. Then as the months went by in my first year in college I learned more about the franchise and began writing.

Kiana actually blushed when I expected her not to.

Kiana: You did protect me from Schicksal and helped me escape from both Schicksal and World Serpent. Then you looked after me while back in Nagazora and then you comforted me and said you'll never leave me after Mei betrayed us, joined World Serpent, beat us, and then left us.

Patrick: I know. I've been building a lot of character development on myself in the main storyline with becoming blinded by rage, killing a lot of people from Schiksal, and wanting revenge on Otto Apocalypse. Emotions have had a lot of affect on power. It's like what Tom said to Sonic in that deleted scene of "Sonic The Hedgehog" 2020 how emotions are really powerful. A few times when we got emotional with rage, love, friendship, and sadness, our powers get affected. A lot of Anime characters' emotions have had an affect on their powers.

I took hold of Kiana's hand. Kiana accepted holding hands with me.

Patrick: You were based on Asuka from "Neon Genesis Evangelion". You even have the same personality as her and act like her. Having you as my Waifu now makes me feel like Shinji.

Kiana: And I'm starting to feel like Asuka right now.

Patrick: Another reason why I chose you to be my Waifu was because you're actually a month older than me.