Chapter 13: Summoning Dvalin

(Dawn Winery)

We met up with Jean, Diluc, and Venti.

Paimon: Woohoo! Dvalin Protection Squad! Assemble!

Venti: Let's put our crystals together.

We each gave Venti the Teardrop Crystals we recovered.

Venti: Oh... The color of these crystals looks... muddy. Dvalin... You're going through so much pain... ...Let's start purifying these crystals first. Please, travelers.

The Valkyries, Aether, and I purified the crystals.

Jean: It is hard to believe such a thing is possible, until you've seen it with your own eyes.

Diluc: Interesting. It's like filtering wine. The process is... refreshing.

Venti: I think we should have enough tears now. So next we... Use the crystals on the Holy Lyre like last time.

Aether: Let us give it a try...

We gave the Holy Lyre the crystals and it was finally complete.

Paimon: It worked!

Jean: It seems completely different than it did before.

Venti: The lyre's Anemo power seems fully restored. We should be Abe to use it now. It's all thanks to you.

Jean: Now, where should we summon Stormterror? It must be away from the city, else there will be causalities should we fail. Perhaps here at the winery...

Diluc: If the winery was destroyed, it's not something I couldn't eventually fix, but... I'd still not go through the hassle.

Jean: ...

Venti: The wind that blows at sea or in high places should be able to carry a bard's words far away. It's never going to work if the air is too dry or suffocating.

Paimon: Paimon understands. Sea or high places, right? Then the best location to play the lyre would be...

Aether: A cliff?

Diluc: If you go east from Starfell Lake, there are mountains south of the beach.

Paimon: ...Oh! You mean that beach we were on when you told Paimon about your sister. And where we first met Patrick and the Valkyries?

Diluc: If you head to where the cliff juts out — that place is known as Starsnatch Cliff. What do you think, bard? Meets the requirements, no?

Venti: Lemme think... Starsnatch Cliff... ...Alright, let's do it there.

Jean: Very well. Then let's meet at Starsnatch Cliff when we are ready. Please don't be late.

Paimon: Hee-hee! Yes, Ma'am!

Jean: Ah, sorry. I didn't mean to...

Patrick: Right. We'll be there. And incase anything goes wrong or if someone tries to stop us, I'll summon my dragon and he'll take care of the problem.

(Starsnatch Cliff)

It was now night time.

Me, Aether, Paimon, and the Valkyries arrived at Stasnatch Cliff. I had summoned Toriyama on standby. We had to be on guard for the Fatui or the Abyss Order.

(Flashback)

Patrick: I need you to be on standby incase Dvalin attacks us. I'll give you the signal for you to attack back.

Toriyama: You got it.

Aether: Why so cautious?

Patrick: Because the Abyss Order or the Fatui might try to interfere so I need to make sure that nothing goes wrong. Dvalin might try to kill us so I need my master to prevent him from killing us.