Chapter 39: Date with Amber

(Mondstadt)

I was outside doing some Pyro training. I was shooting fire from my right hand then made it change into blue. I needed my flames to get hotter the next time I meet Signora and if we ever go up against the Cryo Archon. I wasn't wearing my trench coat this time.

Patrick: I reset myself to level one when the journey began. So now I'm training to get stronger. I have three elements unlocked and need to unlock four more.

???: You seem to be doing well.

I got startled and stopped what I was doing. Amber was standing there.

Amber: Did I startle you?

Patrick: I guess you could say that. But it's fine.

Amber: Are you doing anything today?

Patrick: Well... I was gonna fight some monsters today or do a quest for the guild. Why?

Amber: I was just wondering if you'd like to go out with me? Just the two of us.

Patrick: Go out with you?

Amber: I just want to get to know you better.

Patrick: Well... I suppose I could go out with you.

Amber: Ok. Meet me outside of the gate. It's a date!

Then Amber walked away.

Patrick: Yeah... a date.

Then I suddenly realized what she meant.

Patrick: A-A-A-A-A DATE?!

I was blushing deep red and my heart was still beating faster. Steam was coming out of me.

I was so shocked to process with what just happened. But Amber just asked me out on a date. Theresa walked out of nowhere to me.

Theresa: What's the matter Patrick?

Patrick: Amber just asked me out on a date.

Theresa: A date?!

Patrick: I don't know why though.

Theresa: Maybe it's because she wants to spend time with you but not in a romantic way. A date can mean a lot of different things.

Patrick: I suppose that's true. But this is so much to take in.

Theresa: Don't you worry, The Valkyries and I have got your back. We'll be your wingwomen while the Captain will be your wingman.

Patrick: Thank you Theresa. At least I can have your help like how Shido has Kotori's help.

Theresa: Anything for one of my students.

(Later)

Outside of Mondstadt's gate, Amber was waiting for me.

Patrick: Now I'm going out on a date with Amber. The players haven't been liking her because of how she can't do close range fighting and demand that MiHoYo buff Amber up to make her better. But now I better make sure that nothing bad happens. I'm putting off wearing my trench coat right now.

Kiana: We'll be watching you to make sure that nothing bad happens.

Patrick: Ok.

I began walking to the gate.