Chapter 72: Lantern Rite 2

Paimon: Who would've guessed that rebuilding the Jade Chamber would draw out such a massive monster!

Book of Fuxi: I know! For a second we thought that Osial's wife was Osial! But no. That wasn't him. Osial has more heads and bodies.

Paimon: For a second there, Paimon really thought the Jade Chamber was gonna be ruined again...

Jingwai's Wings: But it's not. It's still in one piece.

Paimon: Whew, but it's all over now... who knows if the Lantern Rite can still go on after an incident like that, though.

Fu Hua: It might still go on. The danger is over. So there is nothing to worry about anymore.

Paimon: Let's ask Lady Ningguang how things are shaping up for the festival this year.

Fu Hua: We'll go get the others.

After the Traveler and Fu Hua got the St. Freya Knights and Valkyries together except for the crossover characters they

Ningguang: ...Send this report to the Ministry of Civil Affairs and have them delegate each of the tasks on the list to the appropriate departments. Also, be sure to tell them that though the Lantern Rite may be complicated, everything must be done properly.

Paimon: Hello, Lady Ningguang! It's us again!

Aether: We're not disturbing you, are we?

Ningguang: No, of course not. You are my honored guests.

Fu Hua: Thank you.

Ningguang: And given the looks of you all, I presume that you are here to celebrate the Lantern Rite?

Paimon: That's right! So what's on the agenda for the festival this year?

Ningguang: As always, there will be a variety of activities taking place. Oh, but there is one of particular interest... The Ministry of Civil Affairs is planning a fireworks show this year. It should certainly be worth your time.

Kiana: Oh it will be. Fireworks. Awesome.

Ningguang: Releasing Mingxiao Lanterns has always been at the heart of the Lantern Rite, but with all that has occurred in Liyue as of late, I think the people of the city need something to warm their hearts, a feeling of everyone coming together in solidarity. So, I believe that this year calls for a celebration of particular magnificence, something that would be closer to the hearts of every citizen. We are currently in the process of placing fireworks at various locations all throughout Liyue. We shall choose a timely moment during the festival to set off all the fireworks in unison, allowing the sparkling lights and excitement to resonate with the hearts of the people.

Paimon: Fireworks? But we've already seen fireworks in other places before.

Patrick: Paimon. Fireworks are always exciting to see.

Paimon: Is there something special about the fireworks in Liyue?

Ningguang: Fireworks were originally developed alongside many other inventions here in Liyue. When our ancestors first created fireworks, they were originally known as "firecrackers." Their bright flashes and loud sounds were often used for warding off beasts or as warning signals to other people.

Fu Hua: (Just like in ancient Chinese history back in our world).

Ningguang: In those days, it was difficult for people to contact one another while out farming the land, so they would carry firecrackers with them to give signals when necessary. But people's lifestyles began to change after Liyue Harbor was founded. They no longer had to travel out of town to tend the fields anymore, so the use of firecrackers for emergencies also began to dwindle. But through our local customs, the pioneering spirit of the firecrackers has been passed down to this very day. We made improvements to firecrackers and began setting them off during the Lantern Rite to commemorate the tenacious spirit of our ancestors.