Chapter 79

Chapter 79: A Prologue for a Brighter Tomorrow

[]Third Person's POV []

The audience chattered with one another among their seats in that one cylindrical court where the innocence of the infamous Duchess of Shevaria was to be judged, publicly.

Everyone was on their seat, as well as the Emperor that came to spectate the event accordingly since the case involved an issue concerning his younger brother's adopted daughter. It would've been improper of him to not attend this event, so he wouldn't have had any other choice but to drag his feet here if there was an instance that he didn't have an interest over his sibling's matters.

That aside, the public looked forward and held their hopes high for a spectacular show to happen. Thus, they eagerly waited for the main character to enter the scene and expected a lot for the testimonies that her defendant would say when the trial officially begins. However, no matter how much one would define their actions beautifully, in the end its ugliness just shows itself without shame.

They're just a bunch of spectators that set their feet in this place for the sake of their amusement. They're not that interested at the face of justice, instead they came here to watch something of no different from a presentation in theatres. They'd go with the flow of whoever becomes the upper-hand and sneer at the side that was disadvantaged.

Therefore, Fleurette knew-

That at all cost, they must present themselves with various tricks upon their sleeves and prevent the possibility of losing even a single round in this trial. If not, the most effective method would be to impress the judges with perfection, or perhaps, to exquisitely hide the flaws.

That said, there's a saying that no one is perfect. That applies to a person's performance the best.

One step. Two steps.

Eventually, a woman arrived in her best dress, standing out from the flashy, deep red color that devoted itself to revolt the things that stood on its way. Her curly red hair that swayed gracefully on her back matched her outfit quite well. Her aspect was breath-taking that easily carved an extensive impression over the assembly.

Truthfully, red was Fleurette's favorite. After all, it symbolized the word that she liked the most, which was 'Revolution'. Up until now, she hanged her head low at the presence of her fears and always thought that a day like this would never come to her life;

A day where she'd finally have the right to rebel and face her sworn enemy head-on.

But now, she was standing here, brimming with courage. The day that she's waited for so long has finally arrived before her eyes. She warmly welcomed it into her embrace, being tired of having mental preparations, as well as looking away from the cruel reality that she once tried to run away from in the past.

With that kind of mindset, she began to focus on the current situation after taking a deep breath.

"Have you checked enough if the preparations are all done and ready?", she asked the lawyer that followed her from behind.

"Of course.", the man replied with his usual eerie, smiley face.

It didn't take long before the magistrate formally announced to begin the trial.

"The suspect and the defense counselor have arrived in the court."

"The trial will now commence! Both parties, please prepare yourselves."

Having taken those words into account, the atmosphere around the setting became slightly tenser compared to before. Without letting a single second pass to test the assembly's patience, the red-haired woman gazed at the prosecutor with a nod, and got a respond from him with the same body movement. After that, the man went ahead to make the opening statement.