Prologue

Prologue

The throne room was crowded yet not rowdy because of the Emperor, Noah Wilde Zeid Asquith's presence. And as they pay attention to the youthful ruler that sat on the throne, everyone shifted their gazes toward me, hearing my name from the mouth of the Emperor, himself.

"Melissa Ernel von Shevaria.", he stated aloud, announcing the fruit that was bore from the contract of our own.

And as soon as I heard his words, I bowed, slightly dragging my dress upward in a mannerly way, to sincerely show my respect.

"I hereby entitle the honorable thou... to be my Consort."

Hearing the words of the ruler of the Empire, my restlessness finally calmed down.

I simply rejoiced, knowing that after this event reaches it's ending, freedom would welcome me.

Freedom, by means of leaving the hellish Shevaria Household.

Even if this would be a loveless marriage contract, it was pretty fine by me, as long as I could escape that birdcage of misery.

And now, I did it!! I am finally free from that endless suffering!!!

Just when I blissfully thought of those words, I never expected...

That what awaited me was another hell.

I was swayed. Wavered by he, the Emperor's aspect, which I wasn't supposed to do.

I completely fell for him, breaking our agreement.

But I was aware that these pointless feelings wouldn't be reciprocated.

Because there was his beloved Empress, Natasha beside him.

And facing the truth, I never looked away nor did I cry for this fruitless love.

But as the emotions grew stronger, the deeper I despised the woman by his side.

And as a result, I made a ruckus with my foolish actions.

Then the aftermath was clear, just by looking at the sharp, cold gaze that the man I loved pointed at me.

It was quite a devastating and heartbreaking aspect to see. And as such, I thought,

Ah..... Without a doubt, he resents me now...

The feeling of being hated by him hurt the most. Thereafter, I could only question myself 'What have I done?!' numerous times in my mind.

Until I was completely drained, soon enough.

And so, I took a rest. But then...

"Huh...?!", I spoke out of wonder, staring at a familiar bed's ceiling after I opened my eyes.

Why does it have a childish color of pink? I bluntly asked nobody in my thoughts.

I decided to process things carefully after rising up from the bed. But before I could do so, I froze out as I noticed that my hands were mysteriously smaller than how it should be.

No matter how I look at it, this is absolutely a child's hand!! I stated internally, being panicky and confused.

And drowned by curiosity, I quickly decided to find a mirror as I looked around the room that I was in.

Wha-?! This room... No, no, no, no, no, as if such thing would happen...!

I kept denying the happenings then had a gulp to calm myself down.

Thereafter, I went towards an enormous wall mirror and witnessed my reflection from there with an astonished expression.

What reflected on the mirror was the image of my younger self, wearing a white, children-sized negligee.

Then thinking that it was just a dream, I pinched my cheeks and slightly shrieked as I felt the pain. Thus once again, my long-lost restlessness arose.

"You've gotta be kidding me...", I whispered to myself and thought,

Why...

Why did I go back in time?!!!