Chapter 72

Chapter 72: End of the Line

[]Third Person's POV []

While making a bow, the butler provided information that were required to be relayed to his master.

"Rumors have spread, milord."

"I am aware."

""...""

Both men remained silent momentarily before they could continue their discussion.

"Does this prove that our subordinate's words were truthful?"

"We can't say that for sure. Who knows what that bitch was plotting."

Marquis Aubetré's face looked doubtful as he gazed at the window. He couldn't let his guard down that yet, specially because there was something odd with the actions his daughter took, and how she died so easily. Despite being in his fifties, he could still be careful enough to consider different possibilities that could lead him to ruin. And more than anything else, he wasn't a someone that would give up his ambitions so easily.

"Prepare a carriage for me."

"We're going to the Ducal house of Yreles."

The butler immediately responded to his orders and went to do as commanded. Thereafter, the Marquis murmured.

"If this doesn't work, then I'll have no choice but to go with the final resort..."

He could foresee how it would turn out unless he succeeds to get the person's backing. As such, he knew that he must take action as soon as possible.

It was then that he could hear a bustling sound approaching the closed door of the room. And not long after, it was banged aloud and wide open.

"This is different from what I've heard, Marquis!!", the man yelled as soon as he entered the scene.

The servants that watched him intrude the place from afar had flustered looks for not being able to stop the man's persistence.

The master watched their figures with his tongue clicked once, and thought.

Useless bunch.

Meanwhile having such thoughts, he calmly greeted the visitor.

"It's been so long, sir Giles."

"Quit beating around the bush! I am aware that you already know what I came for here!!"

"Our agreement was so simple, yet why couldn't you dispose of that spiteful wench?! It should've been easy for you to do it!!"

The Marquis slightly narrowed his eyes and furrowed his brows as soon as the other person mentioned the someone that he also found hateful just as how he felt toward his daughter's blunder.

"Is the sir perhaps talking about the fake lady of Shevaria?", he answered without letting the traces of the expression that he made linger for any longer.

"Who else could it be?!"

With that case being confirmed, the Marquis could only feel troublesome about the situation. In fact, he cared less about the issue temporarily since he still had a lot of opportunities to make up with that compared to the other one that puts his all at risk.

"I believe that can wait, sir Giles."

"I don't have much patience, milord!"

The master was triggered with the old man's excuse.

Look who's being all high and mighty here.

He was angered by Giles' impudence.

It was true that the old man did well to cooperate accordingly with him by sending him information that he needed from the Shevarias. However, the Marquis wasn't a generous man who could pardon a person of lower title to talk to him as if he had the upper hand, despite him, asking for a favor to be done using his assistance.