Chapter 115

Chapter 115: A Great Chance

The exhaustion from all the ruckus that happened yesterday has faded away as soon as I woke up in today's dazzling morning.

Perhaps, because I was so drowsy that I almost thought that yesterday's disturbance was nothing more than a nightmarish dream. But thankfully or not, I snapped out of it soon enough, seeing Lucian's figure rushing by the door only to give his morning greetings.

"Good morning, sister.", he popped out with cold eyes, shimmering so creepily as he peeked at my profile from the entrance, all of a sudden.

My face was bound in pure disgust at the sight of his spiteful behavior. He didn't know how much I suppressed myself from punching his face for no reason meanwhile I stiffened up like a rock, looking at him in a dazed manner.

Thinking that, I couldn't help but envy how Viola was in a position capable of ignoring the young master's presence, using the excuse that she was in the middle of brushing my hair in front of the mirror. In a sense, I was betrayed by the differences of us, two.

Reflecting upon the weight of my reckless actions a day before, I calmly closed my eyes and wore a smile on my face after, in order to end things as elegantly as possible.

"F*ck. Off. D*ck-head~.", I flexed my eloquence at my very own speech.

""......""

It was like the outer space dyed our surroundings as the silence enveloped ourselves. At the corner of my eyes, I could even see how a cold sweat fell down the side of my personal handmaiden's face, expressing the fact that she was the one who was afraid of the consequences of what I've freshly committed, cornered by the trauma of how I attracted problems every single time.

"A-Ahem! I'll pretend I didn't hear that one..."

"Enough with those gestures and tell me what you came for. You're wasting my time here.", I mercilessly pitched a straight ball to his direction, in less than a second after his sentence.

"S-Sorry, you're right...", he stuttered from the direct hit at the chest.

As I was granted of a chance to spectate this wonderful sight where the heir of this Household, Lucian, was beginning to respect me as though I was superior to his perspective, a certain phrase emerged in my mind.

Somehow... this looks fun. I thought, acknowledging the situation as something that could tickle my sadism.

In a matter of time, the young master carefully took a deep breath to start anew and finally opened his lips.

"I came here to discuss about your punishment, knowing that you haven't been informed about it yet."

"Considering that you can't just cancel your appointment at House Yreles during the last minute, it seems, the duke has decided to put you on probation starting from tomorrow."

'Are you sure, that's all?!', was how I wanted to respond from this unexpected surprise at first, but the astonishment soon gave shape to fear after a second thought.

There were two people to be blamed for my half-brother's injuries, yesterday. And as everyone was aware, one was me and the other was my personal bodyguard. So then, if I got myself a favorable outcome, who was given of the shorter end of the stick?

The answer was very obvious.

Come to think of it, I have yet to see 'his' face since I woke up...!

If it was him, he would've also pleaded for Lucian to seek for my permission to enter my room first and foremost, that I'd even hear their argument behind the door before I could converse with the referred visitor. And yet, nothing of the sort occurred, moments earlier.