Chapter 98

Chapter 98: Bound Restrictions

[]Melissa's Perspective []

"So, in summary, it wasn't approved."

With a cup of tea in hand, I stated out the result of the supposition that the Crowned Prince has told me the other day. And following my sentence, the person in question agreed.

"Unfortunately, yes."

Though it was such a shame that the Emperor didn't agree with Noah's proposal, it didn't change the fact that it still benefitted me either way. I was grateful that I thought of taking advantage of the situation back then, by making a trade with the Emperor to make things fair.

Not to mention, the thing that I was guaranteed to get in exchange was quite a big deal too. After all, I managed to secure myself a house for the moment of my leave from the mansion!

With a property set, I would no longer have a need to worry about finding a good place to stay at by the countryside, far away from the Dukedom.

"Then, I suppose, I'll still be under your care, Your Highness.", I laxly said with a fake smile.

"You don't seem to be that dissatisfied. Though, I get that being kept by my side will be more than an honor, to your perspective."

"Hah... It sure is hard being too handsome and popular.", he sighed, bringing out his narcissistic side in front of me again.

I simply watched this scene from the sidelines while sipping my tea, unfazed as though I got used to it, although it should've been only the third time that I saw him like that.

Somehow, I no longer cared about his true personality or whatsoever he called it. What enveloped me was nothing more than the feeling of emptiness whenever I witnessed that kind of bullsh*t. I used to feel internally triggered most of the time, but it mystically went away before I knew it.

Perhaps, this was what they called 'indifference'.

Just where in hell did the Noah that I used to like go?

Ah, God of the Heavens. How on earth did I come to bear affectionate feelings toward this f*cker, again?

Seeing how I could habitually curse him in my thoughts, perhaps, the displeasure of looking at his narcissistic side still lingered within my inner emotions. I'm not sure why, but I seem to find narcissistic people annoying, through my instincts. And that helplessly made me have the urge to punch their faces as hard as I could.

It was like wanting to thoroughly smash down their confidence and pride. Well, another possibility would be just the habitual me, being rather sadistic or hostile though.

"It just so happened that I was given of a task that must be done, no matter what. Therefore, I'd prefer it that Your Highness shan't blame me for what's about to occur."

Silence lingered for a while before he could respond to my phrase.

"Must be convenient to have an excuse to make up for the threat that you're about to fetch."

"Everyone has their reasons in every action that they take, regardless of its validity, Your Highness. Don't you also have anything of the sort?"

"Sad to say that I don't, thus I can't relate to what you keep uttering about."

"That just proves how lucky you are, Prince. Not anyone faces few and minor hardships in life. You should be considerably grateful of that."

The silver-haired juvenile shifted his gaze to the left with a scornful expression and muttered,