Chapter 09

Chapter 09: Back to Square

"Haaaaaaaahhh.....", I had a long sigh as I clenched my right hand onto my forehead.

".......No matter how many times I search through my memories, I don't have any single hint of why this is happening...", I murmured with a troubled expression.

From what I've gathered, I wasn't dreaming up until now. After all, if this was a dream, even a fierce slap of a kind wouldn't hurt.

As I had the assumption that I would wake up after a slapping, I tried to do it but I merely felt nothing but pain, as a result.

And my strength was much less than the amount of power that I owned from when I was still an adult. Rather, I should say that my physical ability degraded a lot.

Even still, I had the awareness that this was still me. And the difference was just that I currently possess the body that I had during my childhood. As such, I easily interpret that I went back to time, when I was still around seven years old.

And as for the evidence of my reasoning was my room.

Ugh..... Just thinking about it makes me want to vomit... I thought with a face that was full of disgust.

Many might say that I was struck by luck to be able to go back in time for with that, I could change the future that awaits me. And I wouldn't deny it since it was a fact.

But the problem was...

"I'm back to this freakin' hellhole...", I thoroughly stated.

'This Hellhole' AKA the Shevaria Ducal Household. My (temporary) so-called homeland.

Just thinking about that surname made me have a gloomy demeanor for I knew that I would encounter danger in this place sooner or later.

Right now, I feel like screaming 'Gimme a break already!' with all my might in order to vent out the least amount of my uneasiness.

And all of this was because of the certainty that I just went through a tragic love story and yet I am to face another disaster from this point.

As such, I let out a sigh once more while turning my head elsewhere.

.......?

With the combined emotions of surprise and relief, I widened my eyes after I set my gaze at one object that was placed in my bed.

Then, my eyes wavered while being unable to believe what I saw.

"It's here...", I gushed with my hands covering my mouth.

What I saw was a priceless treasure of mine. And my long-lost precious belonging.

It was something that wouldn't match the shiniest and most valuable jewel to be found, for me.

An old stuffed animal that I always grasped in my embrace.

"Claire...", I tearily uttered as I rushed toward the toy and grabbed it with a hug in an instant.

I was aware that I was being childish and as a mental adult, it might've been quite a shameful thing to do.

However, I was thrilled. I was exhilarated of how it still existed.

And so, I swore...

That this time, I will definitely protect it.

That time, when a downpour came as I mourned for my mother's grave. I felt hopeless after losing her at a young age of five.