Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Success?♦

With a blunt shocked expression, I directly set my gaze to the Duchess and thought,

Did she say 'smut' just now...?

My jaw couldn't help but drop while I stiffened up like a rock.

And as the Duchess noticed my reaction, she tilted her head to the side for a little as if she was letting a question mark pop out of her head.

"Did I say something wrong?", she asked.

"No- it's just....... What does the Duchess mean by 'smut'?"

"Rather than a genre, you can say that it's about the content. It only means no other than those novels that contains several sexual intercourse between the characters."

Specifically, I already knew what that meant. It's just that...

How could she even say that with a straight face? Moreover, is it really fine to explain that to a child? I continuously questioned nobody in my thoughts.

Duchess Fleurette... She's fearsome in many ways.....

At any rate, I hadn't heard of her, favoring that type of content even in my past life so that surprised me a lot.

It was truly unexpected that it gave me a lot of impact.

But, more than that...

""...........""

The fact that we always end up silent after a short conversation makes me feel uneasy.

This is totally awkward...

Right now, my mind was focused between me and the Duchess that I couldn't even interpret every sentence of the story that I have been reading.

It's true that I still fear her up to this point. I was almost killed by her in my past life after all. And it's not like I could forget the trauma that I experienced.

But even still, the two of us get along well until she thoroughly attempted to kill me. Furthermore, before I lost my breath, she halted her actions while crying in front of my eyes as if she actually didn't want to do that.

It was similar. Identical to the me that attempted to murder Natasha.

This assumption might not exactly be precise, but I think the Duchess was cornered that time.

Cornered by the emotions that couldn't be controlled any longer.

Most likely, she couldn't seal it in anymore. That's why-

She has broken.

I pity her... I thought.

Being wed off to the Duke that she loves and yet her love wasn't reciprocated. In addition to that, Wendell treated her coldly while the others described her as an evil Duchess.

It's impressive of her to bravely carry on even in such state...

"Say, Sherryl... no- Melissa."

Hearing her calling me by my real name, I squirmed.

So she finally decided to bring it up, huh...

After that, I looked straight at the red-haired woman with a serious demeanor.

"Do you want to know the truth?", she asked.

This topic... she also told me about it in my past life.

The truth, which is also equivalent to the matter concerning the real Sherryl.