Chapter 08

Chapter 08: Execution♦

Marriage. It is a long-lasting commitment between a man and a woman. And it could take place  either out of love or through political matters that unites two families.

Now that I've mentioned it, I wonder if mom had a happy marriage with her loved one?

With my dad that I've never met for even once.

Even now, I was yet to be aware of my dad's whereabouts nor do I know if he was still alive up to this point.

I remember my mom trying to avoid the topic about that by dodging the bullet. Then, she cheaply ends our conversation while we discuss another topic.

Maybe, it was something complicated. Or perhaps, she didn't want me to get involved by her own business.

But still... there was once a time when she mentioned a little about her situation that was most likely connected to my father.

That day, when a vast field of Violets bloomed...

There, my mom seemed different than her usual self as we make flower crowns in that field.

Her usual warm aura showed less. And at the same time, a portion of her demeanor seemed lonely.

As she stared at the fully bloomed flowers, she phrased,

"Did you know, Lissa?"

"....... Know what?", I asked while turning my head to her direction.

Then, I saw her soft, pinkish-red lips gently smile for me.

"The symbolism of Violets.", she whispered to the me who remained silent.

"Violets, you know..... They are often called as flowers that symbolize modesty, humility, spirituality, and faithfulness. But a certain someone told me that there's more to that..."

"A someone?"

"Yes.", my mom replied, giggling. Then, as she recollected things momentarily, she had a bitter expression.

"True Love.....", she murmured.

".......That person told me... that it also symbolized 'True Love'.", she added while I wondered what she meant.

"Like how I love mom?", I asked.

"Hmm..... That might be correct but not quite, I guess."

"Then, what is it.......?", I pouted, being unable to guess what it truly meant.

Then, my mom smiled at me and replied,

"Someday... when you find your loved one, you'll understand."

My mom might've felt down back then because of her worries. But, I know for sure...

That my mother was happy.

Nevertheless..... I wonder how she would react if she witnessed how I picked the wrong person to represent as the one that I truly love.

Somehow, I feel like I've betrayed her expectations.

I thought... that if I become the Queen Consort, I would encounter my genuine happiness.

But what awaited for me instead?

.......And what did I do to deserve this?

Ah........... I hear audience yelling at me.

Or rather, should I say that they are having fun watching me suffer this way.

Because if I disappear, the other ladies can finally take my place...