Chapter 127

Chapter 127: Flames That Were Set in Stone

"Let's duel, Aiden."

A cold breeze softly passed by our figures as we stared at one another right into the eyes, with the black-haired man before my view trying to judge what this was all about.

"Might this be a test devised by your ladyship?"

"It's good that you're quick to catch on. Makes things a lot easier for me."

By the end of my last sentence, I turned my back at him and moved further away from the place where he stood still, creating a specific space between the two of us which was befitting for a casual one-on-one sword match.

"The conditions are simple. If you win, you shall deserve to be rewarded of the positive answer you yearned for from my lips."

"You say, you'd forsake your consent no matter how detestable it would be?", he clenched his hands, glaring at the sound of my mockery either toward my worth and toward his own innocent feelings.

I urged to boast about with laughter the moment his phrase reached my ears, by the means of the irony found in that one word he referred as 'detestable'.

"You never know, Aiden. You never know."

"Perhaps, I've long given my consent for this matter, accepting the fact that I bore the same feelings as you. You shan't limit the potential around yourself."

Even after having his sense of hearing swallow the example which was a part of the lingering possibilities that enveloped him in the current situation, his earnest eyes never wavered for the temptation.

It was a very admirable and dazzling sight to my perspective, knowing how I was the complete opposite of him from the way that I often went along the infinite loop of running away from the harsh reality that tortured myself, despite the times where I showed off my determination while I pretended to be a fairly strong person in front of other people's eyes.

To a certain point, it could've been true that I faintly loathed Aiden. For while he was truly an admirable individual, he likewise shone to be worthy of another's envy. Specially to me, who failed to have several of the distinct things that he possessed in his life.

"So then, what might be the lady's merits in this match?", he straightforwardly asked to capture the general intention that I thought of for the spar.

I slowly opened my mouth as though there were still remnants of hesitation within myself, but soon had it discarded by thoroughly confessing the rules if ever I won the round.

"I'll have you disappear from my sight—"

"Eternally, that is."

I passively bit my lower lip as soon as I finished my statement.

I may have appeared rather calm as I spoke of those words on the outside, but the truth asserted differently. For the time that I uttered as such, I could no longer be capable of taking it back, in case of an instance that I'd have the least idea of denying what's best for the two of us.

Aiden was long given of misfortune since the day that I first dragged him by my side, in this timeline. Rather than multiplying his current suffering into something more dreadful due to my acceptance toward his affection, I'd rather reject his hopes from me so he could start anew while he's yet to reach the official age of eighteen.

After all, this was most likely to be the last chance for me to repent for the sins that I've committed to him, regardless of how my methods might be seen as crueler than irresponsible within the point of view of other people.